Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone templates
Yes, I have tried that and it is okay. Just have to get use to moving around the screen so I can see the sections I want, or need. Still don't know how to zoom in & out though.
Guys,

what is ur experience with the iPhone and RDP? I have seen the resolution issues. Apart from that, is it worth the effort? does it work well? is it responsive? I would appreciate any feedback
Trioxide Wrote:Yes, I have tried that and it is okay. Just have to get use to moving around the screen so I can see the sections I want, or need. Still don't know how to zoom in & out though.

Pinch and unpinch just like in the web browser. I tend not to zoom though because even though the scaling is good, it's still noticable on the graphics.
panos_k75 Wrote:Guys,

what is ur experience with the iPhone and RDP? I have seen the resolution issues. Apart from that, is it worth the effort? does it work well? is it responsive? I would appreciate any feedback

I love it. I have an iPhone 3g and a G1 iPod Touch. I run a couple vista virtual machines with 512mb of ram allocated on my server that host the IV, running my 800x480 templates (based on yours, but less graphics-intensive, and optimized for scrolling - see below).

It works:
well-great over wifi.
ok-well over 3G
barely usable-ok over edge

It is a fantastic and functional way to have CQC on my phone, which i always have on me anyway. If you leave your device docked, it will happily stay connected to WiFi and stay in the RDP app even if you put it to sleep (click the power button). The response time is indistinguishable from my fixed panels or nokias.

When not docked, it disconnects from wifi ~1 minute after it goes to sleep. So it is annoying to wake it up, slide the slider, wait for it to reconnect to wifi (5-20 seconds), then click the reconnect button in WinAdmin. It's even more annoying when i'm starting from scratch (after getting a text or something) - wake it up, slide the slider, wait for it to reconnect to wifi (5-20 seconds), launch winadmin, select the appropriate connection, wait for it to login. Feels like a lot of button clicks, but worth it to turn off the lights from work or change the music from the patio.

I can also see the scrolling nature of the desktop turning some people off. You just have to try it and see if you dig it. At first it annoyed me that I couldn't get one fixed native-sized panel, but then i realized that i liked being able to just scroll around instead of loading new templates.

I have two nokias and two fixed touch screens, which I doubt I'll replace. That being said, i think these little guys are great and definitely worth consideration as an interface device.
I'm thinking about giving this a shot with my ipod touch and my wife's iphone. What program is everyone using for RDP? I saw winadmin mentioned (costs $11.99). There are several other options out there.
I am using WinAdmin and it is working good for me, though I only use it occasionally so have not had to worry about dis/reconnects yet. Finally found a size that works pretty good so I don't have to do too much scrolling around, 800x600. Give it a try.
Rumour has it that Apple will be coming out with a 7" or 9" Ipod in 2009 :-)
tia, Ron

My Go Big or Go Home Retirement HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, (4) JBL 8340As, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, (2) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, )2) Furman rack conditioners, (2) Danley DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, Panamorph UH-480 anamorphic lens, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), 2 Crest Audio CM2008 8 channel amps, and (3) Parasound Zamps.
I also use WinAdmin and love it. A feature I'd like to see eventually is the ability to 'bookmark' a host to the home screen. Selecting from the list just adds an extra button click (finger tap?).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WebRiva iPhone X monetteboy 37 878 02-06-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  Porting Auto-Gen Music Templates to Existing System TurboSam 4 905 08-31-2016, 01:08 PM
Last Post: TurboSam
  Sizing templates on PC screen Deane Johnson 5 1,349 06-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Importing templates jpsavaria 4 1,273 04-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Scrolling on iPhone Stipe 0 653 02-11-2013, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Stipe
  iPad templates MikeA 4 2,215 07-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Last Post: pjgregory
  Templates? optix 2 808 03-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Last Post: optix
  Shared Templates and configurations nexus99 1 865 03-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Touchpanel/Touchcomputer + iPhone = New Wireless Mouse & Keyboard 1080iAddict 2 1,030 02-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Last Post: 1080iAddict
  How do I run/modify templates? njrwc 5 1,103 01-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Last Post: DaveB