Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNMP Driver
Yeah, download iReasonings MIB Browser and see what you get there. Just type .1 in the top right field and select Get Subtree and it will dump all the possible OIDs for your switch (or error out).

The syntax looks good to me, if you crank up logging to high you'll get more info on why the GETs are failing. Or you can turn on DebugMode in the driver by setting SNMP_DebugMode to true for a couple of polling cycles then turn it off. This will generate a log file to your \MacroFileRoot\SNMP directory with extensive info about what is going on. Basically the same info you would get in the test harness debugging console.

The trap setup isn't needed unless you plan to configure traps for the driver as well. Traps are asynchronous, they will send events to the driver you can capture. You don't need a trap configuration to get the info you are trying to poll. It doesn't hurt to leave it setup.

If it is like my UPS you can configure 0.0.0.0 for the NMS IP Access which will allow any ip to send SNMP requests. And make sure SNMP is enabled as well. There is a separate screen on my UPS to turn it on, besides the access control screen. You do not need community 3 and 4 but it doesn't hurt having them configured.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
I stuffed up with an image above. The first one has been updated to the correct image showing the MIB browser, so yes the SNMP is working.

From the log file the gets are failing on a timeout. I'll post that tonight.

I would assume that because the MIB browser is working that the default port for SNMP is being used. Can a get be used on a different port?

I am glad to see that I am not the only one having problems with a MS.

Once again, excellent driver and well done on the documentation, that is first class.

Mick
znelbok Wrote:I would assume that because the MIB browser is working that the default port for SNMP is being used. Can a get be used on a different port?

If you didn't change any settings in the MIB Browser then it is using the default port(161) and community(public). Unfortunately in SNMP land a timeout can be caused by a lot of things. Sometimes for security reasons a device won't tell you why it failed, it'll just drop the request and let it timeout. Could be an invalid/unsupported OID, invalid community string, wrong SNMP version, etc.

If you can, get me the DebugMode output file. If that doesn't tell us you may have to take a trace with wireshark of the mib browser working and the driver not.

One more thing to try is in the MIB Browser click Advanced and set the version to SNMPv2. Then do another Get and see if it responds. Maybe it doesn't like SNMPv2.
Wuench

The master switch is pretty old so it may not support V2.

Mick
The MIB browser failed when set to V2. SO it would seem that the MAster switch only supports V1.

Is that a show stopper for us.
I will need to modify the driver to allow you the option to force V1. Shouldn't be too hard.

This is the first device I have heard of that didn't support V2 at all. V2 was published in 1996, so it is pretty old. Usually if they don't want to support V2 they'll just reply with V1 which the driver can already handle.
Wuench

This is the same device that also returns an HTML error (and no page) if yoiu hit it with IE7. It's pretty old technology, which made it appealingly cheap.
WOW!

I was looking at this thinking "There is no way I have the technical skills to create an XML file to do this." Then I looked at your documentation. It is easy to read, very detailed, and looks like almost any dummy might be able to pull this off.

So thank you. Thank you for the driver, but a bigger thank you for the full documentation!

I'm going to play around with this and see what I can screw up ;-)
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
I need help with a boolean.

There are two states, on and off, represented by a 1 and 2 respectively (Integer).

Can I translate a 1 and 2 into 1 and 0 so that it is a boolean.

Mick
SNMP Booleans are 1 based by default. 1=True 2=False. So what you are seeing is normal for SNMP.

If you set the CQCType (i.e. the field type) to Boolean the driver should convert it automatically to True/False. For Booleans the driver will convert integers 1=True and any other value=False. So 1 is always True, 0=False, 2=False, etc.

Or if you really have your heart set on getting 0,1 values as an integer, you can just XLAT it. <XLAT>0,2</XLAT> Which will convert any value of 2 to 0 and leave all other values (i.e. 1) alone.
Wuench

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sony Bravia TV Driver znelbok 6 188 12-27-2017, 08:03 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  CBUS CGate Driver martinmcc 46 14,536 12-18-2017, 01:19 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  Samsung SmartTV driver? sic0048 3 267 12-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Vantage Controls Driver for Infusion System KenC 3 870 10-23-2017, 12:10 PM
  Another SMS Driver - SMS Global, one for everyone else znelbok 21 6,144 10-21-2017, 07:19 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Monoprice Blackbird 4x4 HDMI Switcher - Driver request batwater 9 5,268 10-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  XBMC Driver wuench 419 124,530 07-02-2017, 11:04 AM
  IMAP Email Driver whozeawhat 11 2,687 06-14-2017, 11:53 AM
Last Post: whozeawhat
  Which JVC Projector Driver indygreg 29 6,780 05-12-2017, 08:29 AM
  Amazon Echo Hue Simulator Driver wuench 101 24,874 05-02-2017, 09:38 AM