Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNMP Driver
OK thanks, I got the path stuff sorted.

I imported the new driver, cycled the CQC service and added a new driver to test. (paused the existing one)

I get the socket must be opened to do this error in the logs still. I assume the import and cycle ensured the new driver loaded but not sure how to verify. Or the fix didn't quite do it maybe.
The driver is pretty complicated so I might be missing something. But I found the only places where previously it had been doing binding calls and replaced them. So I would have thought it would be correct.

Can you post some of the errors from a log dump so that maybe I can figure out where they are happening?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean Roddey Wrote:The driver is pretty complicated so I might be missing something. But I found the only places where previously it had been doing binding calls and replaced them. So I would have thought it would be correct.

Can you post some of the errors from a log dump so that maybe I can figure out where they are happening?

Yeah sure no problem. Here's a log and my SNMP.xml

Attached Files
.txt   SNMPLog.Txt (Size: 9.87 KB / Downloads: 3)
.txt   SNMPConfig.xml.txt (Size: 2.07 KB / Downloads: 3)
I'm still not sure what is going on. Is it continuing to happen? It looks like, in the logs, that it happens once and then stops.

I might have to get you to let me RPD into your system and run the driver IDE there where I can see it happen.
Dean Roddey
OK, yeah it's only showing the issue once and does connect. For some reason the fields that used to be available for my APC power bar like outlet-1, 2 etc aren't available, but I do see a couple APC fields for all outlets so is kind of working... Could be the xml config file then I guess but I haven't changed it. I might have to revert back to 4.5.1 to see if the file I'm using still works as expected.

I can try playing with it later to troubleshoot further on my end. If you'd like to RDP in that's not a problem. All ready to go just let me know and I'll PM you the details to connect.
I wouldn't bother going back. It seems clear that it's related to recent changes, so it's just a matter of figuring out why. There must be some route through the driver I'm not catching, that's allowing it to use the socket before it's bound/created.
Dean Roddey
I did a little further troubleshooting on this. I can make things work now as long as I use an SNMP.xml config that doesn't use tables to specify fields. Not exactly sure what "tables" are exactly but is a way of streamlining a config and iterating through config for switches 1-8 without explicitly making a config for each switch.

There's a little bit of discussion on page 3&4 of this thread around tables and some example configs with/without using the tables feature.

What I see is:

When the config file is loaded it throws 2 errors in the CQC log complaining that the port needs to be opened. This corresponds I think to the 2 lines in the config using tables to specify outlets. (basically it can't pull data from the APC switch to complete making up fields for CQC to use and fails/errors) All other configs work and fields get created in CQC.

I think this is over to you now to see if you can make more sense of what might be going wrong but at least it could be worked around if needed.
I can't tell just by eye what is going on. I really need to be able to run it against your setup so that I can just have the IDE break when the error occurs and I can see where it's happening. By eye, it looks like it's right, as best I can tell.
Dean Roddey
I am trying to get the SNMP driver online tonight with my own APS UPS and while the driver appears online and is configured and polling data correctly, I was unable to import the original template file because of the error below. Does anyone have an updated template export that could be uploaded or is there a way to extract the templates from the template file to get around this error to get the template imported so i can edit it and update it myself?

"The class name TCQCIntfDynamicText was not in the type registry"

Thanks!

Joe
I updated the template pack in that post with one from the version of CQC I am currently on (4.4.920), hopefully that will work for you...
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LIFX Driver bobskie708 12 2,124 11-26-2018, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Driver for Bigass Fan lleo 7 211 11-25-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Amazon Echo Hue Simulator Driver wuench 115 41,849 11-08-2018, 06:49 AM
Last Post: karenlee