SoftBypassed,6,Off,7,Rebooting,8,SwitchBypassed,9,
              HardwareFailureBypass,10,SleepPowerReturn,11,
              Trim,12</XLAT>
        <Limits>Enum:Unknown,1,Line,2,Battery,3,Boost,4,TimedSleep,5,
              SoftBypassed,6,Off,7,Rebooting,8,SwitchBypassed,9,
              HardwareFailureBypass,10,SleepPowerReturn,11,
              Trim,12</Limits>
    </SNMPObject>

and just delete the whole Limits block, I'll get no loss in functionality and also solve the problem?
Yes. That should fix it.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
I finally got my ups Batteries replaced and added this driver. I changed the XML as required and most of the fields show up, but there are some that don't get a reply (get failed). If I remove everything from the XML except for one of the problematic fields it works fine. Add them all and it fails. I had it at 2 seconds with only three failing, changed it to 10 seconds and 8 odd failed.

Why should it work on it's own but not with all the fields.

I am using the latest version as per the this thread and the UPS supports V1 and V3 so the driver is set to v1.

What should I do to get it working?

Thanks

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
It might be something with your device, timing out. You can adjust the poll interval on a per OID basis. Maybe group them with different timers so you are only polling a few at a time. And/or adjust the timeout globally or on a per oid basis.

V1 is the correct choice. V3 requires encryption etc, and the driver (not to mention CQC in general) doesn't support that. You could also try forcing the version in the XML file to V1 if you haven't already. Some devices flake out when they see version 2 in the header.

You can turn up logging an see if it is a timeout or if it is actually getting an SNMP error back. But for security reasons a lot of devices choose to timeout when they get something they don't like.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
In trying to finally deal once and for all with the issues that cause problems on multi-homed systems, I'm trying to get this driver happy for the 4.5.5 drop. The socket and track socket that this guy creates. Are those used to listen, or are they client side only?

If they are client side, then no binding is required. I'm going to add an Open() method to just open a datagram socket without any binding, which is the right thing to do if it's not a server side that has to be on a specific port.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
As of 4.5.5, some changes were made to the networking stuff. The shipped versions has been corrected (and it is the latest version.) So if you are using any non-shipped version, you'll want to remove it and use the shipped versions once you move to 4.5.5 and beyond.
Dean Roddey
I just upgraded to 4.5.14 from 4.5.1. I'm running into trouble with this driver now. I can't get it to pick up my SNMP.xml config file any longer so all the fields I use are not available.

I tried a reconfigure. The Config file necessary for this driver is in c:\Program Files\CQC\CQCData\MacroFileroot\SNMP. It was working from there pre upgrade.

When I reconfigure the driver now it only allows me to select a config from C:\ProgramData\CQCdata\<some long string of numbers>\MacroFileRoot. I tried copying to the ProgramData directory and can then select the config file now in the Driver dialogue, but it still doesn't detect any fields. I'm not sure this is correct to do either for a running driver. (edit: actually it does read the config from here, but throws an error Runtime Socket #6 - The socket must be opened to do this)

Also tried a reconfigure with entering a path to the config of "\\Program Files\\CQC\\CQCData\\MacroFileRoot\\SNMP\\SNMPConfig.xml" with no luck...driver states the path must be fully qualified.

I'm running CQC from 1 Master/Client combined so everything on one PC. Is there something I can do to get this to get the config back up and running by simply selecting it from the driver reconfigure screen? As far as I can tell I'm using the shipped driver. Says version 1.10.
That's something that needs to be dealt with. Clients and server stuff see different CQCData directories, because of the issues of clients writing into the Program Files area requiring admin privileges. The Admin Intf is a client so it's seeing the client side one.

But, anyway, all you need to enter is the CML part of that, so just enter:

\\SNMP\\SNMPConfig.xml

And that should do it. It doesn't matter to CML what the rest of it is, it just works relative to MacroFileRoot.

BTW, the long string is your system id.

The error you are getting would seem to indicate that the recent changes wrt to socket binding has whacked it. I thought I had fixed it, but had no way to actually test it. Let me check it again and I'll post a driver pack for you to try.
Dean Roddey
Oh, wait, the path is actually:

\Drivers\SNMP\SNMPConfig.xml

Maybe the old driver was incorrectly storing it directly under Drivers and that was fixed to move it down to the correct place, in a subdirectory named after the driver.
Dean Roddey
Try this driver pack. Import, and either reinstall or reconfigure the driver to pick up changes (taking into account the path info above.) Let me know how it goes, so that we can get the shipped version happy again.

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   SNMP_V1_10_BindFixes.CQCDrvPack (Size: 64.33 KB / Downloads: 3)
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sony Bravia TV Driver znelbok 12 745 06-11-2018, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  XBMC Driver wuench 427 141,915 05-29-2018, 03:02 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  OpenHAB Driver whozeawhat 5 259 05-28-2018, 08:50 AM
Last Post: whozeawhat
  Pushbullet Driver whozeawhat 1 189 05-13-2018, 07:27 AM
Last Post: whozeawhat
  Monoprice Blackbird 4x4 HDMI Switcher - Driver request batwater 14 6,912 02-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Last Post: batwater
  LIFX Driver bobskie708 9 896 01-30-2018, 12:34 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  CBUS CGate Driver martinmcc 46 16,579 12-18-2017, 01:19 AM
  Samsung SmartTV driver? sic0048 3 640 12-17-2017, 11:51 AM
  Vantage Controls Driver for Infusion System KenC 3 1,486 10-23-2017, 12:10 PM
  Another SMS Driver - SMS Global, one for everyone else znelbok 21 7,406 10-21-2017, 07:19 PM