Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2.5 Beta Thread
That would be part of the 'Logic Server' thing. Basically the variables driver will morph into the logic server. It will support various types of fields, the values of which are driven by combinations of of other fields mostly, but it'll also support just basic passive fields as well, which will be effectively the current variables driver functionality. In the process of all that, those passive fields can be persisted.

Though, as always, it has to come with the caveat that that often doesn't work in the real world, if you are wanting to use to deal with one way devices and that kind of thing, since they'll get out of sync at some point.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I have been fidling a bit lately and I think havinf the ability to launch a popout (or is it popup) from an event would be handly.

Yeah I know the argument, you dont want it to happen if someone is using the scren, but hey, there is nothing critical here and a small inconvienence that may happen at the time you are using it can be dealt with.

its sort of done now anyway with the ability to load an overlay. For what I want to do I need to have an overlay in every template, where as a popup make it easy to addin at any time and have any number of them in any location.

That and the playing a wave file (on any given client) with the IV driver.

Mick
On my wishlist:

The ability to capture and react to keystrokes directly in the interface viewer. A lot of the devices we are using to display the interface viewer have hard buttons. Right now, it is a bit of a kludge to use these keys (via the admin keymapping).
The CML IDE GUI could use some upgrades. For example Field Monitor does not have its contents achored to the bottom and right side of the window. So when you resize the windows the list of fields stays the same size instead of displaying more fields.

Also, it would be nice if you would include the shortcut key next to some menu itesm. Such as (Ctrl-Alt-G) would be next to Debug->Go (Ctrl-Alt-G) just as a reminder of what the shortcut keys are when you find your self doing repeatative task.

And finally one extreemly useful feature would be to allow developers to put their mouse over any variable and have a popup display the value of that variable. This would come in handy when you are steping through and debuging code. For example:

Code:
If(i < MyVector.GetElemCount())
//Code Here
EndIf;

If you put your mouse over GetElemCount() after steping through it a small popup would show you the current value of GetElemCount(). This is probably a bad example since Element Count is actually available but sometimes when you have custom helper classes with vectors inside you can not see what the return value was. So you have to assign it to a variable fist and then use that variable is you conditional statements. This is a waste of memory and causes sloppy code just for the sake of making code debugable.
David
Z-Wave World Magazine|Baltimore Hackerspace
"Why think outside the box when you could let the box think for you." - My take on Home Automation
NishanF Wrote:On my wishlist:

The ability to capture and react to keystrokes directly in the interface viewer. A lot of the devices we are using to display the interface viewer have hard buttons. Right now, it is a bit of a kludge to use these keys (via the admin keymapping).

+1 If you mean being able to capture keystrokes to widget for resend on press.
Les
I love the new feature list. In general, I think that some form of Windows media center would be incredible. I feel that this is the last major component that CQC lacks.

Target
I would like to see nested global variables in actions and Xlat tab. I don't know if I'm using the right words or not. But I would like to do a
$(%GVar:Var1).something.
I just got this error with the latest release....
[Image: release.jpg]

I have been using the release since it came out with no problems till today. As I recall I only had the viewer running when this error happened.
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
You sure that isn't one of those Photoshop type things? It's complaining that it doesn't have enough memory to create a bitmap.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:You sure that isn't one of those Photoshop type things? It's complaining that it doesn't have enough memory to create a bitmap.
no.. we will see if it happens again btw I have 4gb of ram with a dual processor.
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 40,418 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,299 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,111 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,898 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,586 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,797 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 196,383 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,444 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 488,964 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 13,266 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM