Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Several HA items for sale!
Howdy all,

I'm starting to feel like IVB here.

Samsung Q1- $525
This is the gold standard remote for CQC users today. They generally sell new for between $800 and $1200. I purchased this from a CQCer in excellent condition and am selling it 2 months later for what I payed. This is the version without the full keyboard.

PCTV HD Ministick- $83 shipped
I bought this two days ago and received it yesterday only to post it here today at $20 less than I paid. This is an HD QAM tuner that can be used to tune OTA QAM channels for your MS or on the road with your laptop. It was a bit of an impulse buy, and within 10 minutes of using it (it works great), I realized that I had no need for it.

Bose Accoustimass 2 Series system $225 shipped!
This is the Accoustimass Bass (passive) along with 2 double jewell speakers. I'm pretty sure this was around $600 when I bought it.

Target
What are the RS232 ports used for with the GC? Control via serial of other devices?
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
IVB Wrote:What are the RS232 ports used for with the GC? Control via serial of other devices?

Nothing now, they're not enabled in CQC.
Keith
got it.

Do the IR receivers come with it? Or is that a seperate part?
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
You can use stuff like the Lantronics redirector software to make the GC-100 ports look like real ports so that they can be used.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Are the relays usable?
The IR ports are onboard. There are 6 of them. I can include 2 double IR eyes with it, as I only need the one I have. The eyes can send and receive IR commands, and can be extended with cat5.

I haven't tried the relays, but if no one else pipes in, I'll give it a try.

Target
Reading the driver info on the website, it would appear that the relays are supported.

GC-100 specific fields
RelayX Boolean R/W Where X is the relay number. Each contact closure, from left to right, will be given a sequential number starting at one. So the first relay is Relay1, the next is Relay2 and so forth.

Ther serial ports are as Dean indicates, this is also written up on the Global Cache website, so you would get two more serial ports for your system.

Mick
I never bothered to get them working, as my gear is all completely centrally located, but this is a potentially easy way to get some remote serial ports up and running for gear that isn't near the server.

Target
I would always argue that, if you don't need to use external devices for serial ports, then don't. Not that they are known to be a problem, but the fewer moving parts the better, just on general simplicity principles. So, if it's all centrally located, and you can PCI based serial ports, that's probably the way to go. But, if you do need remote ports or IR or contact closures, it's a good device for that.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Denon 4520 on sale at Bestbuy for $999 or less! ellisr63 0 1,702 09-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Free Items (you pay shipping) Sacedog 2 1,511 07-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  For Sale - Squeezeboxs potts.mike 0 1,327 06-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  CCTV Items Helheim 0 897 02-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Helheim
  SpeakerCraft Items Helheim 0 914 02-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Helheim
  FOR SALE: Global Cache GC-RG1 General IR Receiver Mike Boulanger 0 1,089 07-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Mike Boulanger
  Brultech ECMs & CTs for sale Sendero 3 1,283 06-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Sendero
  FOR SALE: Global Cache GC-100-12, GC-IRL, GC-RG1, GC-IRE, almost new! Mike Boulanger 5 2,693 04-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Mike Boulanger
  [FOR SALE] Cleaning House vettemanv8 1 1,064 03-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Last Post: vettemanv8
  HP t5700 for sale $50 robolo 0 1,004 11-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Last Post: robolo