Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wuench's BlueGlass Theme
Here are some screenshots of my CQC setup. They are linked to larger images. A lot of credit goes to Panos for giving me the general idea.

Home Status Page
The home page shows email status from 2 Pop3 Email drivers. 1 for email, 1 for vmail that is forwarded from my GrandCentral.com account. At the top is the toolbar used to access most functions, summaries of the current weather, the date/time, and email/vmail status icons.

[Image: normal_BlueGlass_Home.PNG]

Weather
Using the Weather Channel driver. And the now ubiquitous radar screen from the Weather Channel. Clicking anywhere on this screen brings up a larger view of the radar. I have to hide the underlying Web widget radar when the popup comes up and then reshow it when it closes. I do the same for the commonly accessible popup buttons on the lift (setup , lights) to keep the underlying radar from covering the popups.

[Image: normal_Weather.JPG]

Themes Dialog
The backgrounds are changeable. I use a CQC Repo and browser to select them with the location field containing the image location in CQC.

[Image: normal_BlueGlass_Themes.PNG]

Setup Dialog
Used to access more discrete functions, like power, eq settings etc.

[Image: normal_BlueGlass_Setup_Dialog.PNG]

Tools Dialog
Used to launch commonly used applications without leaving CQC.

[Image: normal_BlueGlass_Tools.PNG]

Variables Driver Fields (Included in Template Pack Below)
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<!DOCTYPE CQCFldDump PUBLIC 'urn:charmedquark.com:CQC-CQCFldDumpV1.DTD' 'CQCFldDump.DTD'>
<CQCFldDump Moniker='Variables' FldCnt='7' Make='Charmed Quark' Model='VarDriver'>
    <CQCFldDef Name='FrontSprinklerDate' Type='EFldType_String' Access='EFldAccess_ReadWrite'
            Private='No' AlwaysWrite='No' QueuedWrite='No'>
    </CQCFldDef>
    <CQCFldDef Name='FrontSprinklerRuntime' Type='EFldType_String' Access='EFldAccess_ReadWrite'
    </CQCFldDef>
    <CQCFldDef Name='HideIE' Type='EFldType_Boolean' Access='EFldAccess_ReadWrite'
    </CQCFldDef>
    <CQCFldDef Name='SideSprinklerDate' Type='EFldType_String' Access='EFldAccess_ReadWrite'
    </CQCFldDef>
    <CQCFldDef Name='SideSprinklerRuntime' Type='EFldType_String' Access='EFldAccess_ReadWrite'
    </CQCFldDef>
    <CQCFldDef Name='SprinklerTime' Type='EFldType_String' Access='EFldAccess_ReadWrite'
    </CQCFldDef>
    <CQCFldDef Name='Theme' Type='EFldType_String' Access='EFldAccess_ReadWrite'
    </CQCFldDef>
</CQCFldDump>
Files located here: (Compiled under CQC 2.4.36)

Attached Files
.cqcmacropack   ElkCustTime.CQCMacroPack (Size: 687 bytes / Downloads: 49)
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Radio / Tuner
This screen controls the analog tuner using the Denon3808ci Driver. I created a CQCRepo to hold the radio stations in my area, with the location field containing the analog frequency.

[Image: normal_BlueGlass_Tuner.PNG]

Network Audio
This screen controls the Network Audio functions of the 3808. The 3808 can access streaming audio directly over the internet and also access audio files shared out from Windows Media Player or Orb. I share my music using Winamp Remote. The top display box basically replicates the lines you would see out of the 3808, so you have to use the arrow buttons to navigate through screens.

[Image: normal_NetAudio.JPG]

Audio Player
This is my audio player/playlist. I am currently using the file-tag repository driver and CQC Audio Player. I do a cool little trick with the vertical list browser showing the playlist. Clicking once, selects the song, so you can delete it with the delete button. Double-clicking it jumps to that song. To get the blue highlight, I had to turn on focus on the template.

[Image: normal_BlueGlass_Audio_Player.PNG]

Music Info Dialog
Here is the music info dialog used to select songs. I still have to update my cover art, so you might notice a lot of the covers on the repo behind the popup are missing...

[Image: normal_BlueGlass_Music_Info.PNG]
Wuench

DirecTV Control
DirecTV Control using the GenII driver.

[Image: normal_DirecTV.JPG]

DirecTV Channels
Using a CQCRepo to hold the channels, with the location field set to the channel-subchannel.

[Image: normal_DirecTV_Channels.JPG]

DVD Changer Control
Controlling the Sony 777 ES DVD Changer. I do a lot of hiding/showing of fields on this screen depending on the slot field of the changer. If the slot is 0 you'll see a "Please Wait..." message, if the slot is 1 you'll see "Rental Slot" for the description and a Netflix logo. Otherwise you'll see the proper coverart, movie description.

[Image: normal_DVD.JPG]

Movie Repository

[Image: normal_Movies.JPG]

Movie Info Dialog

[Image: normal_MovieInfo.JPG]
Wuench

I like 'em. I'm cruising for some screens to steal.

Brian
Looks great. Nice ideas for functionality too like alternate uses of CAB, focus on selected song, enlarging web radar popup, etc. I'd like to see how you implemented some of these if you decide to post your templates. I've learned so much by "reverse engineering" templates that everyone has graciously posted.
Any chance of getting larger images?:-)
tia, Ron

My Go Big or Go Home Retirement HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, (4) JBL 8340As, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, (2) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, )2) Furman rack conditioners, (2) Danley DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, Panamorph UH-480 anamorphic lens, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), 2 Crest Audio CM2008 8 channel amps, and (3) Parasound Zamps.
Are you going to make these files available for download?
Ok, I have posted a zip file with the template packs and logo images (in case you don't want to load the whole template). The link is at the top of the first post.

Took me a while to figure it out, sure would be nice if you could save off multiple templates/images at a time. Hopefully I did it right. Let me know if you have problems with it....

Ron, the images are linked to larger ones. Just click on them...
Wuench

wuench,

Really nice work and thanks for sharing your templates. While I have not looked at your templates YET, I assume you are probably using the variables driver.

If possible, you may want to document the variables you have used.
Wuench,
How do you do the double-click trick you mention in post 2 to jump to a song?
It's the early bird that catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Console inspired theme rtarver 14 5,166 02-17-2015, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey