Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Pre-2.4 beta discussion thread
Those are all things that could be done, but the list is already kind of full for the next release. Some of these smaller things might be slipped in, if possible. Other things, such as the blanker being a picture viewer, will depend on picture support in our media system, which is part of 2.4, so at least a pre-cursor for that will be getting done.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Actually, the at the top of my list is the multi state button widget. But once more, if you are going to go after incremental updates, everything gets a priority number on the list and you keep movng on.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
So this multi-state button is just a toggle that moves forward to the next state every time you click it?
Dean Roddey
Prior to me mis-quoting how it worked, let me pull out the documentation and send it to you. It has been a while, and I can not recall.

I seem to remember that you could select which states a particular button used. Remember that once you created the button script, you could use it multiple times. So, a button at one end of the room would just turn the fan LOW, HIGH or OFF, and the button at the other end would go through all 5 steps. Both buttons used a copy of the same script with the options tuned on or off.

For our purposes, I would keep it simple - whatever steps the user defines, the button cycles through in order. :-)

Look for a PM
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
Actually, I could not locate the document I wanted, so I went in and created a button command.

Like I thought, there is a checkbox for you to select which steps are active. You also can select the color of the button for each step in the same setup screen. Each step that is made active is then available in the program screen so you can add in the scripts. The action is sequential with return back to number 1 after the final step. so OFF, 10%,30%,50%,100%, OFF............(just an example)
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
If you go to the trouble to add the multi-state button, consider a popdown or some other mechanism to put buttons to change the state without sequential ordering. What I mean by that is the ability to pop a dialog anchored to the widget that might have a low, medium, high and off button (all using other widgets to change color based on current states).

Russ...
You should just do that yourself with a popup, else it will never fit the style of your interfaces.
Dean Roddey
I'll buy that. How difficult would it be to allow a popup to be anchored on another widget?

Russ...
You can place popups now. You couldn't invoke the actual popup from the button, since the button can only toggle through it's options. You'd have to have a separate button of some sort to select from a list.
Dean Roddey
I had made some of these requests in other threads, but I thought I could add my two cents on features:

1) Improved "random" mode on the audio player. I would like to see the playlist widget display the upcoming songs in order when in random. I would also like to have the ability to replay a song when in random mode, now when you go back when in random mode it picks another random song.
2) display cover art from the original collection, not the playlist cover art.
3) ability to play all songs in the repository in a random mode. (it would also be nice if you could select a collection to not be included in the all songs random mode, for example, I have a few christmas collections in the repo, and I wouldn't want those in the random mode, but this isn't absolutely necessary)

This last one is a big one, but I have alot of problems with Zoom player playing my ripped movies. it would be really great if we could also have a video player built into the system, and didn't have to rely on Zoom or TT...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 41,756 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,327 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,300 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,910 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,644 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,804 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 197,143 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,502 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 489,149 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 13,314 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM