Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with running CQC service as admin user in a domain
In my quest to get iTunes working again I've now tried to have the CQC service run under a specific user account. I am running in a domain and so in that domain I created a CQCService account. I made that account a domain admin (which scares me that it has that much permission) and then set the service to run as that account. But, as soon as i did that nothing can talk to CQC any more. Even the admin tools on that server just show 'waiting for CQC' and never connect.

What special work do I have to do to run CQC under a specific account in a domain setup?
nice. now even setting it back to run using the local service account I get the same issue "Waiting for CQC..."
Probably you got something wrong and it never was able to start because it couldn't log in. If you look at the status of the service, it probably shows that it's trying to start but cannot.

There might be issues with a service loging into a domain account, I dunno. It might have to be a local account.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
i got things back to the old state after rebooting the machine.

for now I may be back to giving up on itunes for a bit Smile i'll try more this weekend.
fwiw, my cqc runs using a domain acct so I could use the file tag repos with network shares. I didn't make the acct domain admin but did make it admin of the cqc box.
Dean Roddey Wrote:Probably you got something wrong and it never was able to start because it couldn't log in. If you look at the status of the service, it probably shows that it's trying to start but cannot.

There might be issues with a service loging into a domain account, I dunno. It might have to be a local account.

nope, it showed as starting up fine. And the app shell process was listed in task manager as running under the account I specified. But things weren't working.

I did get it working now. I had to stop the service, set the account, and then restart the whole machine. I noticed that even when you stop the App Shell service that there were still some CQC processed running. So I apparently had to reboot to get them all to start under the right account.

Unfortunately, this still isn't making the iTunes stuff work.
fwiw, i had a lot of trouble getting itunes to work. with the help of nishan and toymaster it now works rock solid. just in case it ever dies on me i memorialized all the steps in a powerpoint slide deck. pm me with your email address if you would like a copy.
gacevich Wrote:fwiw, i had a lot of trouble getting itunes to work. with the help of nishan and toymaster it now works rock solid. just in case it ever dies on me i memorialized all the steps in a powerpoint slide deck. pm me with your email address if you would like a copy.

This sounds like what I have been looking for too, even though I have followed the various threads about iTunes.

Any chance I could get a copy?
Larry in Denver
lpott6 Wrote:This sounds like what I have been looking for too, even though I have followed the various threads about iTunes.

Any chance I could get a copy?

yep, no problem. just pm'd u.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HAI OmniProII Driver problems MBurger 4 1,071 12-24-2016, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  IV Admin Screens, or my latest stupidly complex idea IVB 0 631 07-26-2016, 05:56 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Problems with App Control in 4.8.3 update MikeA 2 666 04-07-2016, 07:29 AM
Last Post: MikeA
  User Action on ZWave Keypad jkmonroe 18 1,838 04-04-2015, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  user screen resolution ellisr63 4 775 11-30-2014, 03:05 PM
  Problem Running UPB through GC-100 jokermac 1 921 07-13-2014, 10:02 AM
  VRCOP User Action Configuration potts.mike 30 2,659 05-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  How I dropped my Phone service with an Obi110 sic0048 22 13,682 11-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Connection Problems with Jandy RS Driver kblagron 85 7,119 08-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Connecting to Master Server running in VM mheinrich 7 1,872 08-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Last Post: mheinrich