Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2.2 beta thread
The movies are now playing correctly with the DVD Profiler 3 driver. However, I am still not seeing any Genres show up in the Media Category Browser.

Jay
Oops. I'll check that again for the next drop. I forgot to write that one down last time when you mentioned it. It'll be happy for the next one.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thanks Dean, the movie playing correctly is a lot more critical than the cagegory browser working correctly.
Quote:You won't have to use the file tag thing for iTunes, that is true. It will just read the XML file instead. Not sure what you mean by 'a single repo' though?
Dean, I am assuming that we will have a choice between the "itunes XML library" and the "read tags from music files" approach?
I am not sure which way I want to go. I copy my music to my cqc server as a backup and as a source for Sonos and iTunes and CQC, but the itunes library gets maintained on another system [ Putting in the cover art, and all the right meta info ]

Dean, if you read the itunes XML files, will you pick up playlists?
Stephan
The playlist info is in there. As long as I can figure out how to correctly interpret it it will get picked up. And yeh, you'll have a choice between the iTune XML or the tags based repo. The former will be much more efficient if you have a lot o' files.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
God I hate VISTA!!!!

I've installed all the betas so far on my XP Pro main CQC server. I decided I would install beta 2.1.4 onto my laptop so I could start loading DVDs with it.

To unzip the download file is going to take VISTA approx 1hour and 10 minutes to complete.

You have to be F'ing kidding me. Over an hour to unzip the beta package (something that took less than a minute on the XP machine). I wonder how long it will take to actually INSTALL the thing???
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
sic0048 Wrote:God I hate VISTA!!!!

I've installed all the betas so far on my XP Pro main CQC server. I decided I would install beta 2.1.4 onto my laptop so I could start loading DVDs with it.

To unzip the download file is going to take VISTA approx 1hour and 10 minutes to complete.

You have to be F'ing kidding me. Over an hour to unzip the beta package (something that took less than a minute on the XP machine). I wonder how long it will take to actually INSTALL the thing???
Maybe all day... Glad i didn't go to vista on my new PC.
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
sic0048 Wrote:God I hate VISTA!!!!

WOW thats Bad - i've noticed that some of my machines (all XP) take a long time to unpack the normal Zip files that Dean produces - upto 10 mins on some. I usually unpack on one and then pass the folder around the network rather than unzip on each machine.

Dean.
http://www.samares.net
Its our home !!
Rolecgroup Wrote:WOW thats Bad - i've noticed that some of my machines (all XP) take a long time to unpack the normal Zip files that Dean produces - upto 10 mins on some. I usually unpack on one and then pass the folder around the network rather than unzip on each machine.
Dean.
I have the same problem...but it's on all .zips...not just the ones Dean creates.
Just an update on the VISTA front. I did some researching and found that people who are running the free version of AVG (which I do) had more issues. So I uninstalled it and the unzip time eneded up being closer to a real time of 10 minutes. Still WAY WAY WAY too long, but better than 1 hour. I also downloaded and installed a hotfix prior to uninstalling AVG but it didn't seem to effect my estimated times.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5.5 Beta Discussions Thread Dean Roddey 8 350 07-07-2019, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.5 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 2 160 07-07-2019, 11:28 AM
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 44,226 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,861 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 155,323 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 8,280 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 89,620 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 9,035 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 200,732 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,932 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM