Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2.2 beta thread
Dean, just a quick positive feedback, so far the File Tag Media Browser works perfectly on my iTunes library getting cover art and meta data, I'm very happy!
Dean, 2.1.3 fixed the IR file issue. I haven't done anything more with the IE except open several windows at the same time but all I can say so far is sweet.
Les
Quote:Dean, just a quick positive feedback, so far the File Tag Media Browser works perfectly on my iTunes library getting cover art and meta data, I'm very happy!

I'm going to jump in today with parsing the iTunes XML file, so that you don't have to do use the file tag repo for iTunes, and then the QT COM interface to try to add QT support to the embedded player.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:I'm going to jump in today with parsing the iTunes XML file, so that you don't have to do use the file tag repo for iTunes, and then the QT COM interface to try to add QT support to the embedded player.

ok, im officially confused, so by parsing the itunes xml file im guessing that i wont have to worry about the folder-based repo. so i can keep a single repo and CQC will read it (with a reloadDB command).

freaking awesome!
You won't have to use the file tag thing for iTunes, that is true. It will just read the XML file instead. Not sure what you mean by 'a single repo' though?
Dean Roddey
all that i would ever have to maintain would be my itunes library, which i do religiously (more so than JR at least). everytime i would add an album, i would just do a 'reloadDB' type of command and id be good.

thanks to CQC ive gotten used to calling everything a repo. :-D
Yes, that should be the case.
Dean Roddey
sic0048 Wrote:Has anyone tested the playlist item delete function? I am not sure how you are suppose to make it work. I have a command button that is set to delete itemcookie, but if I click on a playlist item, it starts to play that item and then it seems that I cannot delete it.

Any help would be appreciated.
I tested it and it's seems to be working OK now.
It wouldn't start playing the item by itself, so there would have to be an action associated with it to make that happen, right?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:It doesn't move if it's not necessary, i.e. if the new page has enough items that the current position stays valid, it'll stay there. Else, it'll be pulled back to the last one.
Not a huge deal...but would there be any way to have it go to the first one. If no one else cares...don't worry about it.
Dean Roddey Wrote:They are just more options in the focus movement field, so just pull up the list of values for the field in the command editor to see them (for now until the docs are updated.)
I've obviously missed something here. I can't find the focus movement field or anything to do with IV remote control interface. I've been moving around using a RF keyboard but am converting over to IR.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5.5 Beta Discussions Thread Dean Roddey 9 401 07-21-2019, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.5 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 3 193 07-21-2019, 05:15 AM
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 44,711 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 8,013 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 156,889 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 8,344 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 89,898 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 9,066 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 201,304 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,995 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM