Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IR Receive Commands
Dean,
In one of the upcoming versions how about exposing the IR code so that commands that can't be learned normally can be edited in for received IR commands? Same idea as manually editing an IRExport file. Being able to add acceleration to the output command when the IR command being received repeats would be handy too.
Les
I'd have to think about that. The codes that come in during receiving aren't always the actual IR code, but are sometimes some sort of digest of the code that you couldn't know, so you wouldn't be able to provide it manually, and it might have some complex formatting rules that I'd have to enforce in order to avoid getting some kind of bogus data into the system and whatnot.

Oh, but wait, do you really mean IR receiving, or do you mean IR learning?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Only learning with respect to getting a receive command setup in the receive portion of the usb-uirt. I've encountered several IR commands that are only sent in a single non-repeating burst. Consequently CQC would not learn them. In the case of the blaster I used a little program Jon gave me that would capture just what was sent as the hex string usable in the IRExport files. I pasted them in for the required commands and imported it. Worked great. Mute for Sony TV's is one command like this.

What I'm doing with this is like so. I use the Tivo remote when watching TV as opposed to the airpanel. When using the LCD the remote controls the TV directly. To get the same functionality using the projector I simply set up CQC to control volume on the Casablanca from the volume buttons on the Tivo remote. However, I can't program mute because CQC won't learn it and I can't paste the IR command for mute from the IRExport file into the IR receive command to get it that way.

And no, there isn't a chance of having both respond. The projection screen drops in front of the TV masking it entirely.

Hope this makes sense.
Les
LesAuber Wrote:I've encountered several IR commands that are only sent in a single non-repeating burst. Consequently CQC would not learn them. In the case of the blaster I used a little program Jon gave me that would capture just what was sent as the hex string usable in the IRExport files.
I am having the same issue. Can I get a copy of this little program you used?
For anyone interested I've asked Jon Rhees over at USB-UIRT about passing this program on. He has the copywrite on it. Jon's always been helpful but I didn't feel right about distributing his software without asking.
Les
I have this issue also so i would love that program also.
http://www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_5.zip

This must be run on the machine that has the USB-UIRT installed. IIRC you also need to stop the CQC service or at least the UIRT driver.
Les

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CAB doesn't respond to Scroll commands while moving rbroders 1 1,738 06-12-2014, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Feature Request - Add 'scroll list' commands to IV Driver sic0048 3 2,832 12-24-2008, 03:50 AM
Last Post: kchad