Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally, I have a real complaint thats not my own fault!
hey, there hasn't been any new tutorial videos done in awhile... I like those, they help a lot...
how about states? or the web stuff, or one of the driver ones...
or even better the last one about advanced install's...
I know there are doc's and threads laying about that cover that stuff here and there, but I like the videos...

I know its all a matter of where to devote time and energy and all that, but still, it gives me something valid to complain about...

oh and how is sonos support coming along?
(this is just my monthly complaint/subliminal hinting/prodding session)

actually, now that I think about it, it would be really cool if there is a way to set up CQC to send Dean a monthly subliminal message to make whatever it is he needs to make to get sonos support working... probably would need to be a scheduled event, I got those working, I just don't know how to do the rest of it... maybe there could be a tutorial video just to cover this?
You could always get your butt up out of bed and join the monthly CQC User Group sessions...
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
IVB Wrote:You could always get your butt up out of bed and join the monthly CQC User Group sessions...
but I am usually well hungover and not likely to move or do any heavy thinking till much after 4pm (or later...)
Yeh, I need to get back and do some more videos. I've just been up to my neck in a few other things here lately. I'm pushing to get another 2.0.x release out with a kind of emergency fix, but once that's out hopefully I'll get some more of them done.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean Roddey Wrote:Yeh, I need to get back and do some more videos. I've just been up to my neck in a few other things here lately. I'm pushing to get another 2.0.x release out with a kind of emergency fix, but once that's out hopefully I'll get some more of them done.

so how is this going?:-) had any urges to become a Hollywood megastar again soon?:tounge

all joking aside, they are helpful and cool...
maybe get IVB to do some for you, promise to give him a free driver or something...
(Just make sure its for some equipment he doesn't already have...:-) good luck finding that though... might be easier to do the Videos yourself...)
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
I'm having to go back now and re-do a lot of them. Almost all of the interface section videos and both the how-to sets were invalidated by the new release. Very tedious to do these things and very time consuming. I'm almost done with them now. That's why I'm just letting the beta cruise along, so that I can get these videos updated. And it also gives more folks time to try it and find issues before we make it official.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:I'm having to go back now and re-do a lot of them. Almost all of the interface section videos and both the how-to sets were invalidated by the new release. Very tedious to do these things and very time consuming. I'm almost done with them now. That's why I'm just letting the beta cruise along, so that I can get these videos updated. And it also gives more folks time to try it and find issues before we make it official.
really? now I am going to have to watch them all over again?:-) :-)
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
Not really. It's just that the editor is now multi-window, so having all the old videos show the old single window one is going to confuse people. And for the how-to's both of them can now be done much more easily using the auto-generation stuff, and we also want to show the use of our own audio player instead of Zoom in the media one.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Not really. It's just that the editor is now multi-window, so having all the old videos show the old single window one is going to confuse people. And for the how-to's both of them can now be done much more easily using the auto-generation stuff, and we also want to show the use of our own audio player instead of Zoom in the media one.

Are all the available videos the latest ones? I need to start watching them, but I don't want to watch them if they are about to be replaced.
No, the ones up there now will be the ones that go with the old 2.1 version until the new one goes golden. If I can get the rest of the videos done tomorrow, I'll post an offline version of the new web site contents in the meantime. I should be able to finish them off tomorrow. I got a good bit of the remaining ones done today.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally off of att.net's blacklist Dean Roddey 0 278 04-19-2017, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  A real CQ Simulator pjgregory 11 1,502 06-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Fault with driver config in test harness when using remote port? Bodshal 4 749 02-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Bodshal