Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.0.13 I thought bug fix 740 addressed this
I thought this was gone, but I just now saw it again in version 2.0.13
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]I have attached 2 png files that show a bad and a good version.
(I don't know how to insert the screen captures in this message itself)

So I do add driver, I select the device, I select a moniker, then the list of com ports is empty! (It stays empty, even when I abort and try to load the driver again)
When I exit the CQC server administration subwindow, and reenter it, and I try to add the driver I now get the list of com ports

Note that there was nothing done between the two tries.

stefan

Attached Files
.zip   comportlist.zip (Size: 42.03 KB / Downloads: 1)
I fixed a way that it could have happened, but perhaps there's another one. But it's got to be something semi-pathological because very few folks ever complain about it. I'm wondering what's specific about your configuration that might be different and cause this? You are absolutely sure that all your machines are on the same version?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I have only one machine.
I have no idea what could be causing this.
I was on 2.0.13 when it happened.
Stephan
Are you bringing up the Admin interface immediately after starting the service or starting up the machine perhaps? Or does this happen sometimes after the machine has been up for a while and then you bring up the Admin Interface?
Dean Roddey
I started the CQC administrator program up just about after my login into the system.
Everything started up fine.
Then I was editing a driver for about an hour.

So when I was ready to load it, I switched to the CQC admin progam, and launched the subwindow to load a driver.
It failed with the screen capture.

Then I exited that administer server subwindow in the Admin program, and tried it again. Then it worked. I did not have to reload the Admin Program

All of this from memory. I am not 100% sure if I exited the admin program or not.
Stephan
OK, I'll put it back on the list to look into. It is faulted in upon first access in the application. Maybe there's something going on there. What I fixed before was that if two threads hit it at once the first time, the faulting in logic was bad and one thread could fall through before the one that was actually doing the faulting in was finished. But I'm pretty sure I closed that loophole.
Dean Roddey
Don't put it too high on the list.
There is a good known workaround (retry), it is only a cosmetic thing for newcomers.

Stephan