Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cytech Comfort Driver
Comfort is an alarm panel very similar to the ElkM1 - it appears to be better suited to Oceania/AU/EU as it supports Clipsal C-Bus, KNX and some other generic protocol like MODBUS.

Cytech Comfort

Dean - Can you have a look at the protocol and give an indication of how hard it would be to adapt it to be basically the same as the M1 driver.  I think having a second alarm panel on the system would be advantageous.  I have a potential guinea pig lined up that is willing to test and troubleshoot if it is easy to do.

Comfort Serial Protocol
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
It would be a good bit of work, as the Elk is. And I'd probably need one around with a little test gear attached to really make it practical to support.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I have asked a few questions but then did a search on MQTT and it appears that they may have a UCM coming out with MQTT support.

One of the reasons why I asked for the ability to have multiple drivers option for MQTT - instead of a driver for Comfort a generic MQTT config file would be written - so much simpler than writing a driver.

The benefits of standards.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Well, I wouldn't call MQTT a standard necessarily, but I get your point.
Dean Roddey
Here is the reply from Cytech - I must say they are very prompt in their replies and it does instil confidence.

"We do have a test system in the office that can be accessed remotely that can be used to do most of the testing, except that you could not activate the alarm inputs, as these need to be physically opened or closed. It is a demo dollhouse so is a complete system

We also have a new product UCM/Pi that can use MQTT."

So access to a system is covered. I'll follow up on the MQTT option a little more - if that can be access remotely I can run up a driver for it to see how well it works using MQTT.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
The test system would be a bit tricky since I'm assuming I wouldn't have exclusive control over it. If others are accessing it as well, it would be difficult to really test with events firing off all the time that I don't know are real or not.
Dean Roddey
Details - I am sure that something could be done to give you exclusive access at the times you require. I have done that before - had access to devices remotely so I could develop. Its pretty much understood that having multiple people trying to dev at once on the same device is problematic and not really beneficial at all. It was done by moving the access to a new port so I was the only one using that port and thus the only one with access to it.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Driver - How hard would this be? kblagron 4 486 05-20-2019, 11:28 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  OpenHAB Driver whozeawhat 6 2,298 01-16-2019, 06:45 AM
Last Post: greymatter
  LIFX Driver bobskie708 14 3,881 01-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  XBMC Driver wuench 428 185,542 12-28-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dogman