Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What CQC compatible sound system can support 14 rooms?
Is there a CQC compatible sound system that can support 14 rooms as 14 different zones? It should be one that the selection and volume can be controlled via CQC.

Thank you
It would have to be one of the multi-zone audio systems, like Nuvo or Russound. Not sure if either of those go to 14 zones though. Either that or you go the route of something like a Sonos in every room or something.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
The "Russound Suite 8 & 16" products do 16 to 96 zones and the driver supports up to the full 96.
Mark Stega
FWIW, I had a NuVo. As it started failing, I opted to spend a little more and put in Sonos per zone. Only 8 of them, and I recognize that 14 * Sonos is >> than NuVo or Russound, but you can't beat the simplicity, plus it's got a great standalone GUI, integrated with many musical services, etc.
------------------------------------
Devices I'm phasing out: ISY, NuVo
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
I believe IVB had an older Nuvo unit. It is also true the Nuvo Grand Concerto line got abandoned by Legrand after acquiring Nuvo in favor of a networked player line similar to Sonos. The Nuvo Player line has no public protocol or CQC driver available, so avoid that.
That said, I think the Grand Concerto keypads are still best among all keypads there. This may not be an issue for you if you reach for your phone whenever you think music, but I don't, I also like the option to glance at the wall to see what is playing, or simply adjust the volume with a single key press, instead of again reaching for my phone.

I have a Nuvo Grand Concerto and CQC support is great. I also have the now elusive NuvoNet Adapter which also has a CQC driver, and with that I can use my own sources and menus on the keypads.
If I was to do this over, would likely choose Russound, with their touch keypads, for a multizone system.
Another thing is to keep in mind is the integration of zones where you have more than a stereo speaker system, such as an x.1 receiver.
So then the only option for a product that is currently being updated and will work with CQC will be the Russond?
Thank you
At least that will cover that number of zones. Of course if you don't have to make every source available to every zone, then you have other options that don't have that many zones, and they can just be controlled separately. But if all zones need to see all sources, then you need something that can expand out to that many zones, and the Russound would be the well known and available one.

We also have a driver for the Nexus C6/C6-e, which can take six sources and route to up to 18 zones. I don't know much about it though.

I guess the number of required sources is also an important factor?
Dean Roddey
(07-22-2018, 02:36 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: At least that will cover that number of zones. Of course if you don't have to make every source available to every zone, then you have other options that don't have that many zones, and they can just be controlled separately. But if all zones need to see all sources, then you need something that can expand out to that many zones, and the Russound would be the well known and available one.

We also have a driver for the Nexus C6/C6-e, which can take six sources and route to up to 18 zones. I don't know much about it though.

I guess the number of required sources is also an important factor?

The Nexus website is active in the sense that it has a 2018 copyright notice, but the last new update is from 2006. The products were (are?) quite easy to work with from an automation point of view (They even sent me a demo unit in support of getting a CQC driver completed).

If they still exist then the choices would be Nexus, Russound, & Sonos
Mark Stega
Hmmm.... 12 years might be a concern. There are of course more commercial style switches of large capacity that could be looked at, they would just need a driver. I know Bryan uses some big ones for his Pluckers sports bars which have stupid numbers of TVs and audio streams.
Dean Roddey
Actually, we use the Nuvo Grand Concerto. The limit we sometimes run into is the number inputs. Which is six. The single Nuvo has 8 outputs. Six are line level and speaker output. The other two are line level only. But I think they have an expansion box available to take the number of outputs to at least 16 and maybe more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I found NVRs that support WebRTC ghurty 3 237 05-25-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Does anyone have a nice interface set up using the new webRiva system? ghurty 0 130 05-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  New Amazon Echo Support Dean Roddey 591 112,001 02-21-2018, 12:56 PM
  Does GC-100 Driver Support Tri-Port Cable? Jnetto 18 2,160 01-29-2018, 08:16 AM
Last Post: RichardU
  Support for Bryant Evolution Connex agarden 21 4,597 10-24-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Support for Honeywell Ademco Vista agarden 14 3,536 07-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: agarden
  V2 Somfy API Support? agarden 19 4,672 06-29-2017, 09:18 AM
  Announcing CQCVoice - CQC's All Local Voice Control System Dean Roddey 66 19,735 06-28-2017, 10:03 AM
  Spotify Support? agarden 1 1,007 04-29-2017, 09:46 AM
  SOLVED: Media System Config Issue agarden 3 1,477 04-29-2017, 07:25 AM
Last Post: agarden