Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WebRiva on Android
I'm running on CQC v 5.2.10

On an Android tablet if I open a chrome page and type in the address for WebRiva like this:

http://192.168.1.25:20001/CQSL/WebRiva/i...xx&pw=xxxx

It will connect fine. I then "Add to Home Screen" and a shortcut is added to the page. However when I click on the shortcut then it gets to the white screen with "Connecting to CQC" and stalls.

Any cure for this?
Thanks
George M
Is our web server really on port 20001? If so, the next most common reason is that you haven't set up a default template for the user account you are logging in as. Another is that WebRIVA never got enabled on your license. Check the license info tab in the Admin Intf. If it's not in the list of components, send me an e-mail with your current install key.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I thing you misunderstood the question.
WebRiva works fine when I type the address into chrome. The default template comes up and everything works (except the scaling).
What doesn't work is when the page is saved on the Android desktop as a shortcut. It is then that it hangs on the connecting page.
Thanks
George M
I'm having the same problem, it was working as of about a month go. taRIVA also stopped for me at that time. Not had time to investigate whether it was a Windows update or a CQC update that broke things.

I'm using nearly the same URL format: (without the port)

http://<ip address of server>/cqsl/WebRIVA/index.html?user=<userID>&pw=<password>
It wont work without the port in the url.
It works fine from a shortcut in windows. Its just in android that the shortcut doesn't work.
Thanks
George M
I believe that Android is changing the URL, which is particularly stupid. Others have had this issue. This is what was suggested:

Quote:bring up Chrome
put android phone in Airplane mode.
go into chrome and bring up the CQC link
After you get the offline error then go into the "3 dots" in upper right hand menu and do "Add to Home Screen"
Turn off Airplane mode and try link you just "Added to Home Screen"

Something with how Chrome saves the CQC link on the homescreen is missing some paramaters.
Dean Roddey
(07-13-2018, 01:24 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I believe that Android is changing the URL, which is particularly stupid. Others have had this issue. This is what was suggested:

Quote:bring up Chrome
put android phone in Airplane mode.
go into chrome and bring up the CQC link
After you  get the offline error then go into the "3 dots" in upper right hand menu and do "Add to Home Screen"
Turn off Airplane mode and try link you just "Added to Home Screen"

Something with how Chrome saves the CQC link on the homescreen is missing some paramaters.

That makes it work. Weird
Thanks
George M
I'll get that into the WebRIVA docs.
Dean Roddey
George or anyone else: Do you know how to change the icon affiliated with that home screen CQC shortcut?
------------------------------------
Devices I'm phasing out: ISY, NuVo
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
If you create such a short cut from another site, say, Google, does it have one? If so, then it's probably getting it automatically from the favicon.ico file or something, of which we don't have one. So, if that works, I can add one and it should do the same.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WebRiva and vpscale=? kblagron 1 101 08-28-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Is it possible to direct link with webriva? ghurty 1 192 07-24-2018, 05:04 PM
  WebRiva, Android, scaling issue IVB 2 251 07-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Last Post: IVB
  HTML5 and Webriva and the Interface Veiwer ghurty 1 208 07-11-2018, 10:50 PM
  How to tell WebRiva to rebuild itself ghurty 3 333 05-24-2018, 09:50 PM
  Does anyone have a nice interface set up using the new webRiva system? ghurty 0 180 05-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  WebRIVA disconnect issue dlmorgan999 11 888 05-09-2018, 09:38 AM
  Certficates and WebRIVA kblagron 5 720 03-07-2018, 06:02 PM
  A proposal for implementing RIVACmd on WebRIVA Dean Roddey 7 916 02-22-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  WebRiva, scaling? IVB 17 1,801 02-06-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: znelbok