Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible to copy all the name in a driver so can paste is elsewhere?
I am working on an action that checks my elk alarm.
Is there a way for me to get into a text file all the elk names so I can easily paste it into variables?

EDIT: Ill add another question so I dont flood the board. Can I call another action from a first action.

For example. I have on action (from IVB) that lists all zones that are open. I am writing another action that will arm the house. Can I have it that if the house fails to arm because not all the zones are secure, it can call the other action to start listing the zones that are not secure?

Thank you
Make the second one a global action. You can invoke a global action from another action.

On the first question, right click on the driver and select Export Fields. That will generate an XML file with all the field info in it.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(07-10-2018, 09:51 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Make the second one a global action. You can invoke a global action from another action.

On the first question, right click on the driver and select Export Fields. That will generate an XML file with all the field info in it.

Thank you, the export worked and that will save a lot of time.

Under which option is to invoke an action? I found invoke file and run macro, but I couldnt see where to invoke an action.

Thank you
System:: DoGlobalAct() I think is the command, just going by memory.
Dean Roddey
Yes, thank you
This is very close to something I was looking at the other day. When you open up the driver in the admin interface there is a button at the bottom to copy a field value. Could we also have a button to copy the field name i.e. moniker.field, so it could be pasted into somewhere else (like actions etc).

While the above gives you everything, sometimes you just want the one field
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
You don't need that for actions. Use the popup menu in the parameter entry field. It lets you insert lots of things into action parameters, including fields and driver monikers.
Dean Roddey
and that is slow and cumbersome. If I have the driver field open its faster to switch to that tab, select the field and copy it., and go back. Path of least resistance to me. Same goes for driver fields, bit easier there but can speed things up a bit as well
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
I could always provide some hot keys for invoking some of the more common insertion options.
Dean Roddey
something like ctl-c to copy the field name (moniker.field) and then ctl-V for normal paste and a hot key for a paste of a reference $(moniker.field) would be good. Needs to fall under the left hand easily though - something like ctl-shift-V as an example
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Z-Wave driver preview Dean Roddey 70 1,929 07-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  RCS V2 Driver kblagron 2 137 06-10-2018, 04:35 PM
  Sonos Driver with Sonos Connect Amp zra 5 337 05-05-2018, 09:43 AM
  Radio RA driver issue dogman 7 469 04-22-2018, 08:33 AM
  Elk Driver fails Ron Haley 11 784 03-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  Nest driver disconnecting and reconnecting dogman 59 6,076 03-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Last Post: dogman
  Aeotec USB stick, existing zWave (v3) driver? IVB 3 353 03-05-2018, 08:57 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Problem with Jetstream Driver RichardU 16 1,205 02-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Last Post: batwater
  Problem with fooBarV2 driver pjgregory 2 412 02-21-2018, 01:01 PM
  Does GC-100 Driver Support Tri-Port Cable? Jnetto 18 2,023 01-29-2018, 08:16 AM
Last Post: RichardU