Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Config file issues
I am working on the echo configuration.
When I invoke the command "alexa tell julie load figuration", I get "The CQC configuration file could not be loaded. Please contact your CQC administrator." Reading from other posts, I checked the data directory using SET CQC_DATADIR and it says "C:\Program Files (x86)\CQC\CQCData\"
I have the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\Echo\EchoCfg.txt
The text file says 
Code:
EchoConfig
    MyKey=QWERTY
EndEchoConfig

RunMap
EndRunMap

SetMap
   Action=/User/Echo/SetMedia
        Volume, Music Volume, Theater Volume
   EndAction
EndSetMap

QueryMap
EndQueryMap
In the system log it says no Echo Config File was found.

Any suggestions? Thank you
The most common reason for that, if it really is where it should be, is that you created the file not in admin mode. That would happen if you tried to create it via the explorer window. If you try to create a file in Program Files as a regular user, it actually redirects it to a per-user account location. Right click on the CQC Command Prompt (or the regular one in the start menu) and run it as admin. Change to that directly that way, and see if you see the file there. If not, then that's what happened. You can run notepad from that command window and it will be running in admin mode and you can create the file, copy over the exist contents to it, and save it.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I just tried, ran command prompt as an admin, ran notepad from there, saved a text file with the name EchoCfg under C:\Program Files (x86)\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\Echo and I still get the same error.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you
(07-08-2018, 06:46 PM)ghurty Wrote: I just tried, ran command prompt as an admin, ran notepad from there, saved a text file with the name EchoCfg under C:\Program Files (x86)\CQC\CQCData\Server\Data\Echo and I still get the same error.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Actuall this time in the log I get a different error, so let me try copy pasting the lines again. One Min. TY
That worked.
Thank you very much
Another quick question, based on the example you gave for the weather in the documentation, what would be the proper request to alexa to get it? I have tried "alexa tell julie what is todays weather" and "alexa ask julie what is todays weather" and both dont work.

I reloaded the config file so I know thats not the issue.

Thank you
I looked into the logs and I see the issue was with that i had todays weather instead of today's weather. So I updated, now I got a response of CQC has done that, but no weather response. The log in cqc looks good no error.

Edit. Fixed there was a problem with the action itself.

Thank you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System Config tom 13 275 11-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  File Tag Repository and .M4A Files kblagron 9 348 10-24-2018, 09:56 AM
  With Echo integration is it possible to have a set and a query with the same command? ghurty 9 735 07-12-2018, 08:43 PM
  ISY994i Device Issues bigdude 8 756 05-22-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bigdude
  Redid server, issues with Nest and Elk ghurty 6 668 05-16-2018, 05:15 PM
  CQC Server network issues znelbok 1 509 03-20-2018, 12:36 PM
  New Amazon Echo Support Dean Roddey 591 126,255 02-21-2018, 12:56 PM
  NameSrv Issues with installing 5_2_10 pjgregory 4 824 01-30-2018, 08:19 PM
  Echo setup: Backslash now slash in EchoCfg.TXT IVB 3 683 01-13-2018, 05:14 PM