Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread
(07-05-2018, 03:30 PM)batwater Wrote: Dean, your comment about the save in the Save doesn't hold water (responding to this post), you provide a save button in the edit window, what's the purpose if not to save?  Requiring a second save doesn't make sense.

CQC Admin Interface -> Customize -> Events -> Triggered -> User -> <event>

This is where the edit window got messed up after resizing. (this post)

Wait, I may have missed something obvious. You said there was no way to save. But there always is. It works like any standard Windows app. Use the File menu, which also shows you the hot keys, of which the standard save key in Windows is Ctrl-S. So just hit Ctrl-S to save the current tab. There is also one to save all changes in all tabs.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I'm talking about in the action editor and you found the glitch thing so that's where there is no save after it glitches. Tried CTRL-S in the glitched situation, does not work in that scenario.
(07-05-2018, 05:27 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 03:30 PM)batwater Wrote: Dean, your comment about the save in the Save doesn't hold water (responding to this post), you provide a save button in the edit window, what's the purpose if not to save?  Requiring a second save doesn't make sense.

CQC Admin Interface -> Customize -> Events -> Triggered -> User -> <event>

This is where the edit window got messed up after resizing. (this post)

That's not going to change. It's fundamentally at odds with how everything else works. The action isn't the whole thing. You are only keeping the changes to that part of the thing you are editing. We don't save the template when you hit save on the states dialog or anything like that. This is no different. It's just part of the thing, and you are just putting those changes into the larger thing you are editing. If you cancel, then none of those changes go back to the tab, but we don't close it because you might have other changes. So it's completely consistent.

Okay, I understand what you are saying. In retrospect, it's nice to have the safety valve of being able to get out if something gets dorked up.
(07-05-2018, 05:29 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 03:49 PM)batwater Wrote: Did you catch this post with the repeating almost to infinity (probably somewhat matches the # of devices I have in my zwave network) dialog box error when loading the zwave driver for the first time?

I did. I tried to replicate but couldn't. It was too late to dig into it for this release, and no one else was seeing it. So we can look at it for a followup release. Does it do it every time after starting the AI, but never again during a given run of the AI?

This only happens on first load/creation of the zwave driver.  IVB had the same thing happen, see pic on this post.
Dean in the spirit of trying to sort out what is potentially a SmartThings hub issue and what are zwave driver or zwave device config issues I've ordered a 2nd Aeotec Gen 5 stick to go with my old Leviton Vizia RFIT + stick. I'll spin up a 2nd network to exactly match the zwave controller hardware you have been using for development to use as a test bench.
(07-06-2018, 07:09 AM)batwater Wrote: I'm talking about in the action editor and you found the glitch thing so that's where there is no save after it glitches.  Tried CTRL-S in the glitched situation, does not work in that scenario.

Oh, Ctrl-S only works back in the main tab. It's a 'file' level thing. I thought that is where you were saying there was no way to save. But I get it now, you meant on the action editor after it got the bad sizing and pushed the buttons off the bottom. So that's fixed.
Dean Roddey
(07-06-2018, 07:11 AM)batwater Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 05:29 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 03:49 PM)batwater Wrote: Did you catch this post with the repeating almost to infinity (probably somewhat matches the # of devices I have in my zwave network) dialog box error when loading the zwave driver for the first time?

I did. I tried to replicate but couldn't. It was too late to dig into it for this release, and no one else was seeing it. So we can look at it for a followup release. Does it do it every time after starting the AI, but never again during a given run of the AI?

This only happens on first load/creation of the zwave driver.  IVB had the same thing happen, see pic on this post.

Probably we are crossing wires again. The first time you load the actual driver, it woudln't do anything on the client side that could cause any popups. That's all server side stuff. The first time you load the client side driver after initially loading the server side driver, there would be no units to cause such a thing.

So I'm assuming you mean the first time, after starting the AI, that you load the client side driver after replication has already been done and therefore the driver has gotten the units, right? Closing the tab and loading it again doesn't cause the problem. But closing the AI and then running it again and opening up the client side driver causes it the first time again. Is that right?
Dean Roddey
Sorry, yes I"m not clearly describing. The above only occurs the first time you open the Driver Client tab in the AI after having added the driver.
Here is an unofficial 5.3.1 just to see if this handles the issue for you with the action editor, and it adds device info files for the recently sent z-wave unit dumps. And the incorrect marking of write only fields as being in error state.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._5_3_1.exe
  • The Linear WADWSZ device info file incorrectly indicates it is going to report changes via Binary sensor, but apparently it's sending Basic Set commands instead.
  • Add new device info files for the GE 14284, GE 14294, and Leviton VRI06 Z-Wave units.
  • When the action editor sees that it has been opened before and goes back to the previous size/pos, the order of operations got changed somehow, so that its attempt to get the contents sized to fit is now wrong and it comes out too big, chopping off the bottom and right content.
  • The Z-Wave driver is setting the initial error state on fields of some units, without checking to see if those units have readable values. If they are write only, they won't ever get a value and hence will stay in error state forever if thusly marked, and so you can't use them.

I'll probably wait and add some more stuff before I officially put it up, but this should get you guys happy(er) in the meantime.
Dean Roddey
(07-07-2018, 01:57 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Here is an unofficial 5.3.1 just to see if this handles the issue for you with the action editor, and it adds device info files for the recently sent z-wave unit dumps. And the incorrect marking of write only fields as being in error state.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._5_3_1.exe
  • The Linear WADWSZ device info file incorrectly indicates it is going to report changes via Binary sensor, but apparently it's sending Basic Set commands instead.
  • Add new device info files for the GE 14284, GE 14294, and Leviton VRI06 Z-Wave units.
  • When the action editor sees that it has been opened before and goes back to the previous size/pos, the order of operations got changed somehow, so that its attempt to get the contents sized to fit is now wrong and it comes out too big, chopping off the bottom and right content.
  • The Z-Wave driver is setting the initial error state on fields of some units, without checking to see if those units have readable values. If they are write only, they won't ever get a value and hence will stay in error state forever if thusly marked, and so you can't use them.

I'll probably wait and add some more stuff before I officially put it up, but this should get you guys happy(er) in the meantime.

Dean, just installed, this does not address the issue with the ACT light switch, still getting a dialog with "Value couldn't be written to the field, see logs for more detail" error

On the WADWAZ door sensor it's picking up Open / Close but it's not differentiate between the 2 different open close indicators that the unit is capable of.  What you had before this change had the 2 sensors but it was not being processed properly.  I am quite certain that the unit is sending different data based on which sensor on the unit is triggered.

The new GE unit shows NoAutoMat as a status.  I tried scanning it still didn't pick it up.  Forced the device type on it, now working.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Release Thread Dean Roddey 0 45 07-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 47,606 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 2,757 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 49,765 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 5,164 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 118,944 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 12,396 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 309,476 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 10,042 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 2,381 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter