Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetZoneAlarmInfo Failure
05/26 11:05:40-CQCMaster, CQCEventSrv, CQCEventWorkerThread0
{
    CQCKit, CQCKit_ThisFacility.cpp.634, Failed/Data Format, Error: 6257/0/0
    Token expansion failed during command processing
    GetZoneAlarmInfo:State:%(LVar:State),Number:%(LVar:Number), Name:%(LVar:Name)
      <CQCEventSrv> CQCEventSrv_ThisFacility.cpp - 2180

}

Dean, 

I'm getting this error as I try to capture the AlarmInfo after an alarm is triggered. 

Is it possible that a motion event triggering the alarm would not supply these values? 

Additionally, I read a post from a few years back where it was discussed that the system shouldn't provide null values here, generating, presumably the token expansion error. 

What do you think?
And to expound on this problem.

When I trigger the alarm via a door opening it generates a zonealarm event, but when I trigger the alarm via a motion event it doesn't seem to.

I can't see an obvious way to test for the class of event, but perhaps this isn't necessary if the problem is a bug.
If you literally put those State:, Number: prefixes in the command, that's the problem. It just wants the names of the variables to put the values into. So the parameters should just be the variable names,

TrgEvent::GetZoneAlarmInfo(LVar:State, LVar:Number, LVar:Name)

If that output above is from some command you are using to output the information or something, are you sure you made the call first and that you are using the same variable names?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(05-26-2018, 10:31 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: If you literally put those State:, Number: prefixes in the command, that's the problem. It just wants the names of the variables to put the values into. So the parameters should just be the variable names,

TrgEvent::GetZoneAlarmInfo(LVar:State, LVar:Number, LVar:Name)

If that output above is from some command you are using to output the information or something, are you sure you made the call first and that you are using the same variable names?

I spent some time on this this morning. I got my head wrapped around it and it's now working. 

The expansion error I was getting was in a LogMsg method(That wasn't clear before), not the actual GetZoneAlarmInfo method, hence the dereferencing. If you try to run a GetZoneAlarmInfo call and there is no event, it will lead to a expansion error because, obviously, there's no data. 

What I learned is that my motion detectors(Elk based) do not generate a zone alarm event for the Elk in the way that door and window sensors do. Not sure if that's by design. 

In any case, I redesigned it and it seems to be functioning the way I want.
Motion sensors generate motion specific event triggers. Here are the predefined trigger types:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDocs...TriggerFmt
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sonos V2 Driver Init Failure. zra 2 820 09-14-2015, 08:35 AM
Last Post: zra
  Install failure. Ron Haley 2 795 12-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Last Post: karenlee
  Metadata Retrieval Failure dkemme 1 752 02-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey