Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Server could not be contacted
Hi Dean,

I am having a sudden issue with my CQC install that seemed to be brought on by a reeboot.  I checked and I don't believe any Windows updates were installed though so not related to the other thread on that I don't think.  I was able to go to an old backup since I'm running a VM, but I had made a number of template and event changes since the backup so would like to try and get things going on the current server instance.

When trying to start the IV or admin interface I get an error: The Security Server could not be contacted.

Log attached and I tried a re-install but it failed. That log also attached.

Seems something with a var driver I'm using is messed up but without the admin interface I'm not sure what to do to resolve.  Would you be able to give me some direction or things to try?

Thanks
-Mike

Attached Files
.txt   The CQC security Server could not be contacted.Txt (Size: 131.64 KB / Downloads: 2)
.txt   CQCInstall.Txt (Size: 3.64 KB / Downloads: 1)
The config repo got messed up somehow. So it can't start up, which cases other issues. Was that VM backup done with CQC stopped, or the VM down and the whole VM was backed up while offline? If not, that's probably why.

That's not something I can fix since it's a corruption, so you'd have to:

1. Stop CQC on the MS
2. Go back to a previous good CQC backup (I assume you let the installer backup for you?) Hopefully it was from recently.
3. Grab the file [cqc]\CQCData\Repository\CIDCfgSrvRepo.CIDObjStore
4. Copy that into your working directory over the one there.

Then bring it back up. As long as that corruption wasn't already there, and that's not too likely if it was a functioning system at the time, then you should be OK, though if you've done any changing around of drivers and a couple other things since then those will get lost.

Try that and see if it works.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I would have made the VM backup with everything shut down so should not be the cause.  Tough to pinpoint but just one of those things... nothing to do with CQC itself I'm sure.

I had a fairly recent CQC backup. I restored the older file like you suggested over the recent corrupted one.  Think I'm good and didn't loose much from what I can tell. Some minor updates I made to users default templates were missing. I just re did those and I'm back in business.  The templates I created recently are all there.

Thanks so much for the help, saved me quite a bit of re-work on my templates!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Security cameras kjaerligkatt 1 60 12-11-2018, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Logic Server bad events rbroders 1 305 10-14-2018, 09:59 PM
  Logic Server Math kblagron 6 650 09-27-2018, 01:06 PM
  Triggered Event Server not triggering EST 52 4,010 08-10-2018, 11:23 AM
  The server did not reply to the 'rset' request indygreg 3 628 07-26-2018, 11:22 AM
  Logic Server Field Limit zra 6 829 07-10-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: zra
  Redid server, issues with Nest and Elk ghurty 6 830 05-16-2018, 05:15 PM
  Moved my Master Server. Now no External Access RichardU 2 783 04-14-2018, 08:21 PM
Last Post: RichardU
  CQC Server network issues znelbok 1 631 03-20-2018, 12:36 PM
  Logic Server- Few questions EST 13 2,342 01-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: EST