Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redid server, issues with Nest and Elk
I dug up my CQC server and decided to start again at it.
Two issues I am hitting right away.
1) My nest, isnt connecting I get the error Driver 'Nest' has lost its communication resource
2) My Elk is connected as the Driver info displays info from the panel. But when I go to driver client, areas and zones are both empty.

Thank you
Is this a new installer or you are you running some old version or something?

The Nest uses their cloud based API. See the docs for how to set that up.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDocs.../NestCloud

If you installed the latest version, the Elk doesn't anymore just automatically create default values for everything. You have to add them and configure what you want them to be and such.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDocs.../ElkM1Gold

The upside is that you can now name things and have more control over how the driver treats various things. Don't go crazy and so a lot at once. Try a few things, make sure it works for you and that you are doing it right. Then continue adding more.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
This is a brand new install.

Re the Elk I will read up on it and try it tomorrow. 

Re the nest, I followed the link on the documentation, it gave me a pin code which I pasted in when I configured the driver, but no luck. 

Thank you
In the end I decided to get out of bed to try the Elk.
I am assuming the Elk ID, matches the area or zone that is in the Elk panel. Is there a way to see all of the zones, without logging into the Elk Panel?
Is there a reason why this command wont work? ArmArea : House, Stay, 1111 Because I tried it and it didnt work
Re the nest, I see the below in the logs. I dont know if that helps.
Thank you
05/16 02:00:50-CQC, CQCServer, CQCDrv_NestThread12
{
CQCKit, MEng.System.CQC.Runtime.CQCLogger.121, Status/App Status
Nest Error. Op=Query All Info, Code=401, Msg=[No info available]
}
You don't use the PIN code. The driver docs describe how to use that PIN to generate an access code. That's what you give to the driver.

On the Elk, have you saved the changes you made? Do you see the House area showing up in the driver? I.e. there are fields related to the House area? When you say it didn't work, what happened? Did you get an error popup, or did it just do nothing?
Dean Roddey
Sorry for the mental block re the Nest. That works.
Re the Elk, I saved it and the zones and areas are showing up in the driver and their are fields regarding it.
But when I invoke the command, there is no error, just nothing happens. Even though the system says ready to arm.

TY
There is an option you have to set I think, in the Elk. You'd think that something like that would be for enabling disarm, but I think it allows for arming. I think that if that is not set, it will just ignore you.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISY994i Device Issues bigdude 8 143 05-22-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bigdude
  Security Server could not be contacted Shaky 2 53 05-21-2018, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Shaky
  Moved my Master Server. Now no External Access RichardU 2 192 04-14-2018, 08:21 PM
Last Post: RichardU
  Helios vs Nest Hello ewiz 3 284 04-01-2018, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQC Server network issues znelbok 1 176 03-20-2018, 12:36 PM
  Nest driver disconnecting and reconnecting dogman 59 4,620 03-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Last Post: dogman
  NameSrv Issues with installing 5_2_10 pjgregory 4 376 01-30-2018, 08:19 PM
  Logic Server- Few questions EST 13 824 01-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: EST
  cqc server access and webriva zane 29 1,851 12-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Last Post: zane
  Lutron Caseta & Zwave Issues dangerlong 133 12,536 12-20-2017, 06:06 PM
Last Post: tom