Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CQC to PowerView Hub via Serial Driver
I finally installed some HD PowerView shades.  I used PuTTy to extract the "Scene" serial information from the HD Hub.  I also used PuTTy to send it back to the HD Hub to make sure I had the right thing.  It worked exactly as expected.

Next, I moved to CQC.  Nothing.  The Driver shows connected to the Hub. but it's as if it isn't.  No response from the Hub whatsoever.  The COM # has to be correct as it's the same as successfully used with PuTTy.

Here are the codes for the two scenes programmed into the Hub.

1 8043 57748 Sunrise 

2 28541 57748 Noon PowerView Open

1: Scene ID
2: Room ID
3: Scene Name

The command is entered like this:

?SE 1 8043 57748 Sunrise <CR>

When the Hub receives a bad command, it sends back !EE  It isn't sending anything back.

Somewhere, I'm missing something, but I've run out of things to look for.

I've attached a link to Hunter's Serial API sheet for the Hub.

http://cdn.hunterdouglas.com/static/prod...al_API.pdf
Is this an existing driver you are using, or something you are putting together?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(05-12-2018, 10:46 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Is this an existing driver you are using, or something you are putting together?

It's a CQC driver.  I had installed it in CQC back in 2016 when PowerView was new testing a shade, but never went any further with it.  It's the one that was written by you. It's Make/Model is CQSL/GenPassthrough
Oh, OK, that's not a driver for that device, it's just a driver to allow you to pass through commands. When you installed that driver you indicated what the line end type would be (and presumably should have selected CR.) That means it shouldn't be on the actual command text you send because the driver is going to add it. So remove that if you are sending it and see if that helps.
Dean Roddey
I don't have it in the string.  When I illustrated it above, I was attempting to indicate it had to have the CR in the string, but it's the one in the driver setup that serves that purpose.

It's interesting that PuTTy passes it through without fail, so I thought the CQC driver would do the same thing.

The Hub wants to talk back with a message that the command was received, or that it wasn't a good command.  I'm wondering if the Driver won't accept that, and that may prevent any reaction from the Hub.
I have this in the section "Scheduled Events" because that's where it was when I messed with it in 2016.  I doubt it's a problem because we're only testing it at this time.
This driver doesn't receive anything back. It's pure a write through driver. It sends out what you send, but it doesn't attempt to read anything back since it wouldn't know what it meant anyway.

Also the driver always shows connected. If it can open the serial port it considers itself connected since that's all it can really understand.

Are you sure you set the serial port settings correctly when you installed the driver? The correct baud rate is set? That's something you'd have to set manually during driver install since the driver has no idea what is required. Make sure its on 9600, since that's what the device wants.
Dean Roddey
Baud: 9600
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 1
Selected: ASCII
Selected: CR
OK, my next guess is that the docs are wrong and it really wants CR/LF, which the terminal program actually was sending out, since they typically do unless you specifically set it up to do something else. So do a reconfig and set the end line type to CR/LF and see if that makes a difference.
Dean Roddey
No change.
BTW, the Field selection is set to send a Text Message.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HAI Driver Issue avtexan 6 684 04-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Monoprice 8x8 HDMI matrix Driver NightLight 13 2,931 09-04-2017, 09:45 AM
  ELK V2 Driver - AreaArm field & Triggers? sic0048 4 1,108 08-19-2017, 04:46 PM
  UPB Driver Issue tcmcgec 6 2,169 01-27-2017, 07:18 PM
  HAI OmniProII Driver problems MBurger 4 1,767 12-24-2016, 07:59 AM
  Onkyo NR646 and Universal Integra Driver? Sendero 6 2,234 10-31-2016, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Sendero
  Train HTTP Trigger Driver jkmonroe 24 7,086 10-25-2016, 11:55 AM
Last Post: karenlee
  ISY driver repeatedly losing connection Sendero 14 3,671 09-28-2016, 07:44 PM
  EventGhost alternatives to getting driver/field *TO* SmartPhone? IVB 37 5,942 08-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Help figuring out projector serial control! Deane Johnson 19 2,561 07-30-2016, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Deane Johnson