Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Z-Wave driver preview
(07-15-2019, 01:15 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: With the driver you would know there's an issue because the fields will be in error state. That's basically an indication that the driver cannot talk to the device.

Did you ever get me a device info query for that guy? If not, and it's happier now, try to get me one. Right click on it and do the query info option.

It's failing on getting naming info. Maybe there was a mistake and it doesn't actually support naming.

For those units that would be failing "Query Unit Info" 50% of the time I have a value in the driver field. (False or True).  I didn't see any transitions back and forth from ??? to True/False. Maybe because I have a lot of devices and the polling backs way off after encountering issues.
In fact you noticed in the trace the Jacksons_Room  communication issue. There was no indication in any log or on the driver screen there was an issue. Maybe because the responses were working but only 50% of the time for  some units. Since I don't know how to read the trace I don't have any confidence In determining the network health from the driver screen. Could use some kind of retry tally stat per device or a option to run a "Ping/Get" to each unit.

See attached "Query Unit Info" for Jacksons_Room
 i didn't see the name in the trace file but assume this line is the device :   Maps To: Leviton VRS05 (2)

Yes everything seems much happier now.  I normally go a week then have to do a double pause/resume to get the driver back online from all "???". Fingers crossed this resolved it but still think my Schlage locks not playing nice are causing that.  we will see.
Thanks again,
Kevin

Attached Files
.txt   Trace.txt (Size: 13.41 KB / Downloads: 1)
You attached a trace, not the output of the unit query.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
(07-15-2019, 04:19 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: You attached a trace, not the output of the unit query.

Opppsss... Here you go

Attached Files
.zip   Jacksons_room.zip (Size: 343 bytes / Downloads: 1)
Dean,
ok Zwave driver ran 2 days and then back to ??? today.

Attached is the trace and screen shot of the last two times the driver went all ???

I'm no expert but it looks like this is the last line before the driver goes out to lunch....  
44 - is my front door lock(damn Schlage locks)

22:21:41 - [TRACE]- Removed timed out nonce for unit 44. Looking for more...

Thanks
Kevin

Attached Files
.zip   Zwave driver needs double pause & resume.zip (Size: 508.57 KB / Downloads: 2)
Good call, that was exactly where the problem was. So the problem was that, once there was an unused security nonce for a unit, and we got more than one in the pending list, the loop that looks for a nonce to use to respond to that unit with could get stuck. A silly error on my part, but it would have never likely been found by just looking at the code, way too thick in there to see something like that easily.

The reason it's the lock is that it's probably one of the few secure devices, and one of the few beaming types which means it's even more likely to cause an issue like this than a wall powered security device because it's slower.
Dean Roddey
OK, 5.4.902 should finally I think take care of this issue.
Dean Roddey
(Yesterday, 05:24 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: OK, 5.4.902 should finally I think take care of this issue.

Thanks Dean. That one was driving me mad Smile.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SMS Driver gReatAutomation 12 167 07-14-2019, 07:01 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Global Cache Driver gReatAutomation 4 157 07-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  New z-wave Ron Haley 4 181 06-25-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  Somfy RTS Driver jokermac 4 375 05-29-2019, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Problem with B&K Driver / Keypad kblagron 9 908 03-19-2019, 12:00 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Problem with EventGhost Driver batwater 2 364 03-17-2019, 12:42 PM
  Zigbee Driver adamalli 12 1,403 01-17-2019, 06:20 AM
Last Post: CouchPotatoe
  CML Driver IDE [copy/paste] does not work lleo 2 663 11-25-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: lleo
  How to update the new zwave stick/driver? ghurty 5 902 11-22-2018, 06:56 PM
  "Client Side Driver Directory Could Not be Cleaned Out" TurboSam 15 2,417 09-27-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: TurboSam