Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Z-Wave driver preview
This wouldn't have anything to do with the ISY at all. This is for native Z-Wave support. Of course you could separate Z-Wave and Insteon functionality if you wanted. You may have access to more device specific functionality if you do. I'm not sure how much functionality the ISY exposes for Z-Wave devices.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
It could maybe be the primary zwave controller but I don’t believe they support scene or zone controllers.
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
Looks like we got the driver replicating from a SmartThings master now. There was one wee glitch on modules that support the naming class, but I fixed that, and it looks like it's all working well. So now we are at the point of gathering info and adding built in support for various models of unit.
Dean Roddey
The new driver has come a long way. There are a couple users now. There are still things that could be improved but it's pretty close now, if more folks want to try it. The latest betas are quite solid so not really much concern with upgrading, and there are some other, smaller but still nice, improvements as well.

So give it a shot and work with us to get all of your units supported. This one very much tries to auto-identify units and do as much setup itself as it can. So we really want to get as many units with built in support as possible. It also now will get names from the units if they have been set by the master controller, so that also saves you on configuration work in a lot of cases.
Dean Roddey
So I finally got my improved audio interface in place and it's vastly better. I sat down tonight to make the first in a series of probably three, maybe four, overview videos for the new Z-Wave driver. I started a new Device Drivers playlist. Maybe I'll do some more videos on some of the other more complex drivers.

The audio quality is way better, or so it seems to me. Have a listen and let me know how this sounds for you. Certainly compared to the previous videos, there's no comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-vJ4svXENQ

I got a Focusrite audio interface, so that I can keep everything balanced in the analog audio world, and run USB to the computer, to avoid computer interference. And I don't have to use the in-board audio card anymore, which sucked for this sort of thing. I also picked up a Drawmer noise gate from a studio that had a wall full of them and was dumping them for almost nothing (they are probably using a laptop now, such is the world) which really helps. It keeps out most of the noise before it even gets into the signal, all while still in the analog realm.

And it's SO nice having separate, analog monitor and headphones volume knobs as well. Anyhoo, a large improvement for a fairly reasonable price. I also got some new speakers since I destroyed my old, very crappy, ones during my computer room rearrangement a week ago or so trying to get the computer away from the audio gear to reduce the noise. That failed of course and I destroyed the speakers in the process. But, everything happens for a reason I guess. The new speakers are vastly better, so I can much more easily gauge the sound.
Dean Roddey
The second video for the new Z-Wave driver is now posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH1r2kUpOKE
Dean Roddey
And here is the third Z-Wave driver video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u80UZ2QjbfI
Dean Roddey
One of the issues that I had with CQC was that there was no easy to use mobile interface.
I went from having by stick running it, to going to smartthings and then back.
Right now my stick is the primary controller. With this new interface, is there a way for me replicate things back to the smartthings so I have that option for mobile, but still use the stick to control everything from CQC?

Thank you
You know we have our new WebRIVA client, right? It's a RIVA client that runs in a web browser. So you can use your CQC templates on the phone as well.
Dean Roddey
(07-04-2018, 01:22 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: You know we have our new WebRIVA client, right? It's a RIVA client that runs in a web browser. So you can use your CQC templates on the phone as well.

Actually I had started playing with it, I had resolution issues, but now i see you released scaling. As soon as I get back onto the CQC server, I am going to have to try the update.
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CML Driver IDE [copy/paste] does not work lleo 2 94 11-25-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: lleo
  How to update the new zwave stick/driver? ghurty 5 146 11-22-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  "Client Side Driver Directory Could Not be Cleaned Out" TurboSam 15 967 09-27-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: TurboSam
  CML Driver IDE docs - where? rbroders 1 283 09-18-2018, 05:41 PM
  Timer Driver Question kblagron 5 459 09-14-2018, 02:43 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  reset driver statistics? rbroders 9 861 09-11-2018, 07:50 PM
  Driver Configuration w/8 prompts rbroders 1 461 09-03-2018, 09:28 PM
  Driver info/stats rbroders 6 750 09-02-2018, 08:34 PM
  Sonos Driver zra 3 505 09-01-2018, 03:09 PM