Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elk Driver fails
Sitting here when all of a sudden the Elk driver fails to connect.  Can get to the Elk M1G via the Elk software, so not a connection issue.  Reboot - no joy.  Tried Reconfig, and get the message "no driver manifest info could be found for this make/model (/)".
Any ideal?
Flush the logs, try the reconfig again, and get me a log dump. That's something very unusual to see, and something pretty weird would have to have gone awry. Though given the issues you said you had the other day with CQC processes getting block, that could happen if the data server was not contactable. You could do a net test, so open the CQC Command Prompt and do:

CQCNetTest > Nt.txt

and post the output of that file. That won't prove it necessarily since that's running in your logged in session while the transaction that failed above is server to server.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Attachment perhaps

Attached Files
.txt   cqclog.txt (Size: 13.8 KB / Downloads: 2)
I can create additional instances of the V1 driver OK, and also the V2 driver. Could derlete bad driver in stance, but haven't touched it for a long time, so reluctant to touch it.
I didn't see anything in there about the Elk driver. Did you try to do a reconfigure on it after the log flush?

If you want, you can shut down the service on the MS, make a copy of the file:

[cqc]\CQCData\Repository\CIDCfgSrvRepo.CIDObjStore

off somewhere else. Then start it up again, remove the driver, and re-add it. Be sure to use the same moniker, case is important.

Then zip up that copied file and send it to me. I can see if it's still healthy and if the Elk driver is still in there.
Dean Roddey
Try this one - its the Security driver

Attached Files
.txt   security log.txt (Size: 14.81 KB / Downloads: 1)
It looks like something is awry with the manifest info. That's causing the class name to be empty, which causes the driver to fail to load. Of course this could have happened some time ago, i.e. something damaged the manifest file on disk, and the next time it was loaded it failed.

But, try to remove it and re-add it. If it's just the manifest info in memory, but the file is ok, then it should come back ok. If it still doesn't, the file may have gotten damaged.
Dean Roddey
I use Acronis for backup, and did a recovery from yesterdays run. All is well again.
Thanks. Not sure what caused it ?!
Within an hour, failed again with the same issue ??
Were you running before on a restored backup? As mentioned various times, there's no way to do a reliable backup without stopping the service.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Client Side Driver Directory Could Not be Cleaned Out" TurboSam 7 43 2 hours ago
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CML Driver IDE docs - where? rbroders 1 35 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
  Timer Driver Question kblagron 5 112 09-14-2018, 02:43 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  reset driver statistics? rbroders 9 344 09-11-2018, 07:50 PM
  Driver Configuration w/8 prompts rbroders 1 255 09-03-2018, 09:28 PM
  Driver info/stats rbroders 6 361 09-02-2018, 08:34 PM
  Sonos Driver zra 3 185 09-01-2018, 03:09 PM
  HTTP Get driver not working znelbok 10 513 08-28-2018, 10:10 AM
  Can't add fields to ElkDev driver rbroders 4 288 08-07-2018, 06:24 PM
  Possible to copy all the name in a driver so can paste is elsewhere? ghurty 11 665 07-14-2018, 05:24 PM