Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Genre Browser
I have posted a description and template packs for my new Really Simple Music Player

http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sho...#pid150484

However, I am haveing a problem with the focus image in the genre browser.  Although I have set an image, it is never displayed when I select a genre.  Is there something I am doing wrong or is there a problem.

PJG
It's been so long since anyone probably used the focus stuff that it's possible it suffered some damage during the 5.x transition and just no one noticed. I have it on the list to go back and look at that stuff, but since no one had even mentioned using it in ages, I had been leaving it at a fairly low priority.

The whole focus thing is for the 10 foot interface, i.e. to have a remotely driveable interface on the projector. Is that what you are trying to do? It's purpose is not to just light up a selected genre or something like that. It wouldn't stay lit up. As soon as you touched something else, the focus would move there.

Oh, and you have to enable the focus mechanism because it's not something you'd normally want. There's a command to do that, which I think it's an option on the template itself. You'd have to set it on the base template.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
OK, from what you are saying, the Genre Browser is not doing what I expected.  I took "Focused" to mean "Selected" so that the image is displayed for the currently selected genre by clicking on one of the fields or with the ScrollList() command.   What it needs are "True" and "False" images as well.  It would then work when you scroll the list, which my work around does not.

PJG
OK, from what you are saying, the Genre Browser is not doing what I expected.  I took "Focused" to mean "Selected" so that the image is displayed for the currently selected genre by clicking on one of the fields or with the ScrollList() command.   What it needs are "True" and "False" images as well.  It would then work when you scroll the list, which my work around does not.

PJG
Focus is a whole other thing that affects all interactive widgets. It works (or worked) like the focus system in Windows, where you can tab around and there is some sort of emphasis on each control as the focus comes to it. But that's only useful in a 10 Foot Interface setup. You need it on the projector based interface because you can't directly interact with it. You have to drive it from another machine, so you need some sort of indicator of what is the active widget is that will respond if you send it an 'enter ' type command. It's meaningless only a touch screen really.

Anyway, it's very different from a 'last selection' type indicator, which is what you are talking about I think. That's something more like what the tool bar allows you to do, to 'mark' a particular item. That's something it doesn't currently support. The tool bar supports it because it is often used as a menu, and you want to highlight the menu selection in a lot of cases because it indicates what functionality is loaded in the main overlay.

The category browser could do something similar, but it would have to implement a fair bit of new stuff to do what the toolbar does.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 10 1803 and TTS problem Ishmael 5 461 06-13-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Cover Art Browser pjgregory 15 1,475 05-25-2018, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Using Overlay and Static Image Browser kblagron 2 525 03-11-2018, 11:59 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Problem with Jetstream Driver RichardU 16 1,593 02-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Last Post: batwater