Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Onkyo receiver volume issue
Oh, and you would need to reverse that in the CardFldChanged handler where the volume is sent to the device.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
That should get me started. Thanks Dean.
I've been crazy busy and haven't been able to look at this until now. My CML skills aren't real strong, but I'll give it a shot anyway. I do have one question though. What is the best/proper way to go about modifying a stock driver? Should I make a copy and give it a different name or ... ?
Typically you would:

1. Make a copy of the manifest file. Just store it somewhere local where you are going to work.
2. Edit it and change the CML path to point to the equivalent User area, instead of System
3. Change the model to add something like -Dev to it.
4. DO the same to the short description so you can recognize it in the list from the original
5. In the AI, make sure that /Macros/User/CQC/Drivers/Integra exists. If not create the missing bits
6. Expand out /Macros/System/CQC/Drivers/Integra. Right click on Receiver (where that driver is) and Copy
7. Then go paste that into the User version you just created

Now open the CML driver IDE. Start a new session and navigate to your manifest file. When it opens it should see your new files you just created. So if it asks if you want to create a new one, something is awry in the manifest.

Now you need to just change the class path from System to User. There's only one file for that driver, so you don't have to update any other files or import statements, just the class path of that one file at the top.

Hit F7 to compile. If you don't get any errors you are good. When you want to deploy it the first time, use the Tools menu to create a driver pack. Then import that driver pack. After that, each time you make changes and save, they will be there. Don't try to run it for real and in the IDE at the same time of course. Best to just get it working, then deploy and done. But, if you do decide to make more changes, pause the driver, do the testing, save, and then resume the driver to pick up the new changes.
Dean Roddey
Thanks much for the step-by-step instructions Dean! That doesn't sound too hard.
I got through all your instructions and everything worked great.  However - whenever I try to compile it, the app crashes.  This happens every time. This is what I see in the Windows Event Viewer Application log.  Any suggestions?

Code:
Faulting application name: CQCDrvDev.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59f0ddcc
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x3a21d961
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000da879
Faulting process id: 0x2f50
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3b433c520ae6c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CQC\Bin\CQCDrvDev.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 7750b5a3-ed5a-4a07-9152-f778a7bae142
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
That's pretty crazy. Anything show up in the CQC logs? Can you export the CML file and e-mail it to me? Right click on the editor window and one of the options in the popup is to export the file to text.
Dean Roddey
Oh, and the manifest file as well.
Dean Roddey
Oddly, when I went back to the editor to get you the code, I tried compiling again and this time I got an error from the editor. After fixing that it compiled okay. Very odd indeed, as I had previously tried it at least four or five times, and it crashed every time. So nothing to see here at the moment...
I've made some progress on this, but now I've run into an issue.  I want to modify CardFldChanged to scale the volume as you suggested, but only if the receiver model is the one I'm adding.  The problem is that it doesn't look like I have access to the receiverModel value in the CardFldChanged method.  Am I missing something?  If not, do you have any suggestions / ideas for how to accomplish this?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WebRIVA password special character issue? batwater 10 657 09-30-2018, 02:07 PM
Last Post: batwater
  A big issue with use the Elk M1 and CQC, cant use the IP dialer ghurty 1 331 08-05-2018, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  WebRiva, Android, scaling issue IVB 2 477 07-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Onkyo tx NR676 George M 34 2,751 07-02-2018, 05:36 AM
Last Post: George M
  WebRIVA disconnect issue dlmorgan999 11 1,607 05-09-2018, 09:38 AM
  Radio RA driver issue dogman 7 1,030 04-22-2018, 08:33 AM
  Field Boolean Text Widget issue greymatter 5 2,198 08-26-2017, 04:45 PM
Last Post: greymatter
  Onkyo NR906 Reciever Connect Issue zra 6 2,172 08-11-2017, 08:49 AM