Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iOS App for WebRIVA - CTC CQC
The WebRIVA client is just more developed is all. The old RIVA protocol (which the native Android and iOS clients use) is older and the third parties who developed those clients stopped developing and supporting them. So they are now legacy products.

So we took that and moved forward with it. Since we don't have the resources to do multiple native clients, we did one that is browser based so that we can support both platforms (and any others that use a browser) in one code base. I do agree that native is better in general. But, since in this newer version we were not restricted by waiting for third parties to keep up with changes, we were able to move it forward more quickly.

You can of course save the URL to your main page, and it will have the log in info and connection info and all that all pre-set up. You just click it to run the browser. And it can be run with minimal browser interface so that it's more application-like.

So, anyway, it's a compromise in some way no matter what. But the WebRIVA system is working pretty nicely, and you might at least want to evaluate it. Everything you need is already there. Here are the docs (which are under Tools -> WebRIVA if you want to open it up locally instead.)

https://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/CQCDoc...=/Overview
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Maybe I misunderstood something. Someone said that the CTC CQC program is actually something new, not one of the old RIVA based applications. I'm guessing maybe it uses the XML Gateway interface?
Dean Roddey
Google Foo "CTC CQC"

iOS App for WebRIVA - CTC CQC - Charmed Quark Systems

CTC CQC by Crowhurst Technical Consulting - AppAdvice

CTC CQC on the App Store - iTunes - Apple
Hmmm... Wow, you'd think they'd introduce themselves here and push the product a bit. I didn't even know about it. Utlimately, it might not have been a good idea to do a WebRIVA client, since that's not something that we are exposing per se. We can't hide it really, but it's not officially documented like the old RIVA stuff was. And of course if didn't even know it was there I could have easily gone changing things assuming it was purely my own internal concern.

Looks like they make a nice iPad inwall frame:

https://www.crowhurst.com.au/ipad-frame/
Dean Roddey
Dean - this was discussed extensively here and you were involved - extensively (is the dementia starting to kick in?? :-) ). It was something I started with the developer because he wrote a very similar app for the C-Bus product range and it was relatively easy to port it to the web interface.

This whole thread (all 9 pages) is about its development and enhancement that you have actively been involved in - lcrowhurst have been here involved and communicating with the group to make sure that he gets it right and add features that are really wanted.

You are confusing me now - I thought WebRiva was the preferred way forward (ins't web riva the use of the web server to display the interfaces in a browser) - removing the need for a Riva or xml client and making it work anywhere. This app is just basically a browser with a simple setting setup page rather than making it a chore to work out the URL required for a browser.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
OH, that. When it said WebRIVA client, I thought it meant really, literally a WebRIVA client they had written, i.e. to the WebRIVA interface themselves. That's why I didn't recognize it. But, OK, yeh, he's wrapping a browser instance in a native application. So it's not a WebRIVA client they wrote, but a nice wrapper for our WebRIVA client, and it handles the configuration options and all that.

OK, sorry for the confusion. The mind is the first thing to... ummm... what's that word?

Nevermind. All is good. And, yes, if you are on iOS, it would be a good option for you relative to using the browser directly, though both options are available.
Dean Roddey
(12-10-2018, 12:23 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Hmmm... Wow, you'd think they'd introduce themselves here and push the product a bit. I didn't even know about it. Utlimately, it might not have been a good idea to do a WebRIVA client, since that's not something that we are exposing per se. We can't hide it really, but it's not officially documented like the old RIVA stuff was. And of course if didn't even know it was there I could have easily gone changing things assuming it was purely my own internal concern.

Looks like they make a nice iPad inwall frame:

https://www.crowhurst.com.au/ipad-frame/

Thanks for posting about my IPad wall mounts, I originally made it because I install Clipsal Cbus and there wasn't a frame that matches the CBus switches. I will soon have one that comes in Cbus Saturn white (like a silky matte white).

Attached Files
.jpg   New Zen White Frame crop.jpg (Size: 255.21 KB / Downloads: 8)
Just need some for the MS go range of tablets
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
(12-11-2018, 01:36 AM)znelbok Wrote: Just need some for the MS go range of tablets
Hi guys blue bag is having trouble with the today widget part of my app, do I need to make changes or is there something else he needs to do?

I’m currently working on an android version of my ctc wiser app for cbus, would an android version of my Cqc be something that you guys would want?

Then next on my list is a windows version.
I would be interested! I'm currently using a product called Fully Kiosk Browser which meets my needs but is major over kill. You will need to look at whether what you offer is different enough from apps like Fully to warrant the time investment...