Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iOS App for WebRIVA - CTC CQC
(02-06-2018, 06:28 PM)znelbok Wrote: Just been informed that the app has been updated to support earlier versions of iOS (10.2+).  This will allow it to run on older hardware that may be left spare due to age.

I have also asked about android and while he has not done anything in that eco system yet he is willing to have a look and see what can be done.

Hi,

Any news regarding getting this to work on Android?

Thank you
No, nothing yet, but one is sorely needed. Chrome is a PITA with WEBRiva.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Take a look at Fully Kiosk Browser. I was able to get it working, haven't spent much time with it though...
(03-25-2018, 04:19 PM)ghurty Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 06:28 PM)znelbok Wrote: Just been informed that the app has been updated to support earlier versions of iOS (10.2+).  This will allow it to run on older hardware that may be left spare due to age.

I have also asked about android and while he has not done anything in that eco system yet he is willing to have a look and see what can be done.

Hi,

Any news regarding getting this to work on Android?

Thank you
I’ve been working on adding features to the iOS app , and also to the iOS CTC wiser app which this project was a spin off from. Once I’ve finalised and release the latest updates to the App Store, I am going to look into the android app, although this is going to be a steeper learning curve as I have done no android development.
CTC CQC Version 1.5 is now in the app store.

Can you please test the the trigger function . I haven't  got a cqc to test with, can you pleas PM with any issues.
(03-25-2018, 07:18 PM)batwater Wrote: Take a look at Fully Kiosk Browser.  I was able to get it working, haven't spent much time with it though...

I am using the Fullscreen Browser on a Samsung S8 - It scales too big initially, but you can easily scale down, and move around, however, only on the non CQC parts displayed on the screen (i.e. edges), but its good enough to work, as compared to the Chrome browser.  I will have to check out the Fully Kiosk Browser.
So is this using the Listening TCP trigger driver to work with the new functionality - if s what port is being used. The port being used by the WebRIVA server can't be used.

What is the line termination CR, LF or both?
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
(03-31-2018, 02:07 AM)znelbok Wrote: So is this using the Listening TCP trigger driver to work with the new functionality - if s what port is being used.  The port being used by the WebRIVA server can't be used.

What is the line termination CR, LF or both?

Sorry I haven't got a CQC so hopefully Im answering this correctly.

But yes the listening TCP driver, I don't know what port it uses , but in the setting for CTC CQC under the Today widget section you can set the port that is used by CQC.

I add a \n (LF) to any text entered.
(03-30-2018, 09:46 PM)kblagron Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 07:18 PM)batwater Wrote: Take a look at Fully Kiosk Browser.  I was able to get it working, haven't spent much time with it though...

I am using the Fullscreen Browser on a Samsung S8 - It scales too big initially, but you can easily scale down, and move around, however, only on the non CQC parts displayed on the screen (i.e. edges), but its good enough to work, as compared to the Chrome browser.  I will have to check out the Fully Kiosk Browser.

Author has a pretty comprehensive website here
The port used by the trigger driver is configurable when you install the driver. So just set both sides to the same thing.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire