Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iOS App for WebRIVA - CTC CQC
What a great app. I second the request for a customizable icon. The rotate feature is great but I would really like if it didn’t flash the CQC logon splash screen each time it rotates. And agree with dean that it might be nice to associate 2 templates with each logon rather than having separate users.

G
He can't control the logon splash screen, because he has to load a different URL to change to a different orientation. That restarts the browser session and you get the logon while it is trying to connect (since it could well fail and you'd want to see the status if it's having issues.)
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Seems like he could optionally cover it with a cached image of the template. I see other apps do that to appear more responsive. Of course could be turned off for debugging. My templates are black so the white splash screen looks kind of klunky.

I once built an app that had this kind of issue so I created two windows and loaded one behind the other then flipped it to the front after it loaded.

G
guessing this is a browser issue but the battery shown below is a progress bar that fills from left to right and it is not showing any fill.  it works like the three on the left except that those fill from bottom to top.  

in the IV or in chrome i see this

[Image: iphonescreenIV.jpg?dl=1]

and in the ctc app or on safari on the iphone i see this

[Image: iphonescreen.jpg?dl=1]
Yeh, that's pretty weird that that would only happen on a single browser. There's nothing particularly magical about what's going on there. Well, it is a gradient fill. Maybe it has some issue with gradient fills on the HTML canvas or something. Can you make a simple template with nothing but a progress bar, no images, just the fill, and see if it has the same issue.

Also, as a sanity check, temporarily change the direction of the fill on that one to vertical and see if it suddenly starts working. It's also possible it's something positional or something weird like that, so that would prove or not that it's just the gradient fill in that direction that's the issue.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(03-22-2018, 08:48 AM)jkmonroe Wrote: Ohhh - this is good.

Big deal for me, not so for others, but can you provide a way to change the home screen icon?

And perhaps a couple of additional icons, particularly for an appliance module (on/off) that is used on a fan or coffee pot or something?

I will add a power button and fan icon

Re  home screen icon , what icons would you want for this?
(03-22-2018, 05:22 PM)indygreg Wrote: What a great app. I second the request for a customizable icon. The rotate feature is great but I would really like if it didn’t flash the CQC logon splash screen each time it rotates. And agree with dean that it might be nice to associate 2 templates with each logon rather than having separate users.

G

How do I tell it to use different Templates using a URL? (I have all move zero knowledge of CQC ), If I can change the template using a url , it would be relatively easy to change my code to use different templates on screen rotate , rather than using user ids.

Re : screen flash on screen rotate. 

1) is there a way in CQC to change the splash screen?
2) Ill have a look at a way of covering up the loading screen. I originally wrote this app for the New Wiser for Cbus controller, that refreshes the screen fairly quick (without a splash screen), so its not really needed.
(03-22-2018, 09:01 PM)lcrowhurst Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 05:22 PM)indygreg Wrote: What a great app. I second the request for a customizable icon. The rotate feature is great but I would really like if it didn’t flash the CQC logon splash screen each time it rotates. And agree with dean that it might be nice to associate 2 templates with each logon rather than having separate users.

G

How do I tell it to use different Templates using a URL? (I have all move zero knowledge of CQC ), If I can change the template using a url , it would be relatively easy to change my code to use different templates on screen rotate , rather than using user ids.

2) Ill have a look at a way of covering up the loading screen. I originally wrote this app for the New Wiser for Cbus controller, that refreshes the screen fairly quick (without a splash screen), so its not really needed.
when you send a url with a logon string, dean associates it with a template on the backend using this screen which defines a single user account.  i think dean was saying he might allow us to associate two default templates with one user account (perhaps you would just pass a parameter on the url).

[Image: cqcuserscreen.jpg?dl=1]
(03-22-2018, 09:01 PM)lcrowhurst Wrote:

G

Quote:How do I tell it to use different Templates using a URL? (I have all move zero knowledge of CQC ), If I can change the template using a url , it would be relatively easy to change my code to use different templates on screen rotate , rather than using user ids.

if you don't have cqc i am not sure if you know what the transition looks like.  here is a rotation as it works today.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkujh3769f4jt9...3.MOV?dl=0

greg
(03-22-2018, 08:34 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Yeh, that's pretty weird that that would only happen on a single browser. There's nothing particularly magical about what's going on there. Well, it is a gradient fill. Maybe it has some issue with gradient fills on the HTML canvas or something. Can you make a simple template with nothing but a progress bar, no images, just the fill, and see if it has the same issue.

Also, as a sanity check, temporarily change the direction of the fill on that one to vertical and see if it suddenly starts working. It's also possible it's something positional or something weird like that, so that would prove or not that it's just the gradient fill in that direction that's the issue.

i need to do some debugging.  i unplugged the van and the progress bar worked.  i have three progress bars stacked up and use a state to hide the two of them so that the icon on top of the battery changes from nothing to plugged in to engine running so perhaps it has something to do with that.  or it could be because the battery level dropped below 100%.

greg