Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WebRiva iPhone X
(01-16-2018, 09:42 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: No, browser based applications don't have that option. There's a tiny amount of storage available, but it would hardly handle a single decent sized image.

It does cache them for any given run. So, as long as the image hasn't been changed in the CQC side, for any given lifetime of a browser tab with WebRIVA in it, it won't download an image twice. And it's superior to the old RIVA clients in that it WILL update if the image changes, so it picks up changes automatically with basically no extra overhead for keeping up with that.

Gotcha...I figured the browser really didn't have storage for that.

Really my biggest gripe right now is to get the status bar back and take advantage of the full size of the X screen.  Looking back in the initial thread about WebRiva you added some code to the html that had to do with the viewport and minimal UI.  Do you recall if any of that would hide the status bar?

Have you ever looked into one of the applications that can wrap an HTML5 app into a native iOS app?  Just from my brief reading you can use something like Adobe Phonegap or Cordova to wrap a web app  into a native app and take advantage of some of the native functions/APIs from the device (push notifications, location, etc).  I think it would be worth checking into.
The minimal UI, as I recall, specially was just to keep the status bar and nothing else. This is the top bar of phone stuff, right? If so, yeh, it's supposed to do that.

Keep in mind that you can force any headers you want into the HEAD area of the html using the extensions file. So it's possible to force scaling settings or any other stuff. YOu can use the session name URL option to set a session name on each client (which is useful for logging as well) and use that to generate specific header options for different clients.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(01-17-2018, 10:32 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: The minimal UI, as I recall, specially was just to keep the status bar and nothing else. This is the top bar of phone stuff, right? If so, yeh, it's supposed to do that.

Keep in mind that you can force any headers you want into the HEAD area of the html using the extensions file. So it's possible to force scaling settings or any other stuff. YOu can use the session name URL option to set a session name on each client (which is useful for logging as well) and use that to generate specific header options for different clients.

Yeah the status bar is the top part that has time/battery/signal etc. 

As soon as I launch the shortcut it is gone and the top area of the screen is all black and cuts off part of the layout.
Is this an old phone? Maybe it has an older browser that just doesn't deal well with the minimal UI thing or something? Can you create a super-simple HTML page (using our Web Server) of fixed size with background fill and get it to fit correctly on the phone? Maybe put a colored border around it so you know if any parts are cut off. You can play around with the header options necessary to make it happy, then we can try to see how to apply those.
Dean Roddey
(01-17-2018, 10:55 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Is this an old phone? Maybe it has an older browser that just doesn't deal well with the minimal UI thing or something? Can you create a super-simple HTML page (using our Web Server) of fixed size with background fill and get it to fit correctly on the phone? Maybe put a colored border around it so you know if any parts are cut off. You can play around with the header options necessary to make it happy, then we can try to see how to apply those.

No this is not an old phone...it's the brand new flagship iPhone X that came out in November.
Oh, OK, maybe it's the opposite then, it's doing something different because it's newer. Try the experiment I mentioned. If you can figure out what options you need to get it to fit, using a very simple HTML page so that there's no extra complexity involved, we should be able to work backwards from there.
Dean Roddey
(01-17-2018, 10:45 AM)monetteboy Wrote: Yeah the status bar is the top part that has time/battery/signal etc. 

As soon as I launch the shortcut it is gone and the top area of the screen is all black and cuts off part of the layout.

I don't think this is limited to CQC.  I use a couple of generic websites that I 'add to home screen' which all exhibit the same behavior.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
(01-17-2018, 12:36 PM)jkmonroe Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 10:45 AM)monetteboy Wrote: Yeah the status bar is the top part that has time/battery/signal etc. 

I don't think this is limited to CQC.  I use a couple of generic websites that I 'add to home screen' which all exhibit the same behavior.

I had wondered that but I found a web app that it works fine on.  I also found that it depends on the phone.  One website took away the status bar on my X but on my 7+ it stayed.  

This site acts like Apple has made some changes in CSS for 11.2.
https://ayogo.com/blog/ios11-viewport/

I also discovered that you have to create a new home screen shortcut for it to show any changes.  Removing the "apple-mobile-web-app-capable" tag restores the status bar but it loses the full screen.
Reading all this, I think we still need an app for CQC. Just a simplified app that runs that still uses WebRiva but in a full screen mode. i was just reading yesterday over on the C-bus forums and someone over there whipped up one over the weekend to do exactly the same thing for the new C-Bus automation controller. It uses a web page much like CQC is and the app now goes to full screen and just shows the web page. Configuration is done in a separate area - such as IP address of controller which could all be copied over to suit CQC. Options for turning on scaling, caching etc could all be simplified etc.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
(01-19-2018, 11:19 AM)znelbok Wrote: Reading all this, I think we still need an app for CQC.  Just a simplified app that runs that still uses WebRiva but in a full screen mode.  i was just reading yesterday over on the C-bus forums and someone over there whipped up one over the weekend to do exactly the same thing for the new C-Bus automation controller.  It uses a web page much like CQC is and the app now goes to full screen and just shows the web page.  Configuration is done in a separate area - such as IP address of controller which could all be copied over to suit CQC.  Options for turning on scaling, caching etc could all be simplified etc.

Agree 100%.  Something along the lines of phonegap/cordova.  I've had a crazy busy week and haven't had time to mess with this but hope to come back to it this week.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Resolutions for iOS using WebRIVA znelbok 3 186 01-23-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  WebRIVA, domains, Security Certs IVB 38 806 01-13-2018, 04:03 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  webriva template question lleo 21 976 01-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  WebRIVA - Raspberry PI - View Only batwater 2 1,344 09-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Scrolling on iPhone Stipe 0 653 02-11-2013, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Stipe
  Touchpanel/Touchcomputer + iPhone = New Wireless Mouse & Keyboard 1080iAddict 2 1,028 02-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Last Post: 1080iAddict
  Using iPhone WebApp framework with CQC Bodshal 9 1,362 01-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Last Post: panos_k75
  iPhone templates Trioxide 17 2,084 01-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Last Post: SamVimes2