Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WebRiva, scaling?
(01-24-2018, 08:07 PM)George M Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 02:22 PM)IVB Wrote: Anyone with an android phone able to have Chrome do any scaling? I can't figure it out. I even went into Accessibility, and checked the "override website request to prevent zoom in".  Pinch to expand  doesn't work, can't see what else to do.

Also as far as the 2:1 scaling, I did the template as 1/2 of the resolution and thats when it came out to cover about a fourth of the screen.

That makes sense, you need a 2x screen size for the phone to scale it 2:1 to get a full screen; if scaling were 1:2 then a 1/2 size would come out as full screen. Is that what you meant to say?
I did find something interesting. If I run WebRiva the template that comes up will not pinch/zoom. However if I ask for the Desktop version, it will then pinch/zoom as long as i do it in the "white space" and not on the template itself.
Thanks
George M
OK, so apparently I do need to pass gestures through that I don't make use of myself. I'll look at that. I wouldn't have thought so since I think I only register for specific ones. I would have thought those I don't register for would not be affected.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(01-25-2018, 05:40 AM)batwater Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 08:07 PM)George M Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 02:22 PM)IVB Wrote: Anyone with an android phone able to have Chrome do any scaling? I can't figure it out. I even went into Accessibility, and checked the "override website request to prevent zoom in".  Pinch to expand  doesn't work, can't see what else to do.

Also as far as the 2:1 scaling, I did the template as 1/2 of the resolution and thats when it came out to cover about a fourth of the screen.

That makes sense, you need a 2x screen size for the phone to scale it 2:1 to get a full screen; if scaling were 1:2 then a 1/2 size would come out as full screen. Is that what you meant to say?

What GeorgeM said is what I am seeing as well.  If I create a template that is half the size of the visible area of the phone screen and use the nopixelscale=1 option in the url it comes out fullscreen on the phone

To me that's counter intuitive - its like the nopixelscale=1 is telling the phone to scale 2x.  With out it in the url the image does not fill the screen.

If I do a template the same size as the phone screen (in pixels), leave out the scale option from the url then it fits nicely - but as has been indicated here - that's a much larger template to transfer so slower and the buttons are all very small doe to the high pixels per inch of a phone.
Pinch and zoom just does not work at all with a CQC WEBRiva  - hence the effort needed to get it to fit full screen.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
The issue that, by default, many phones scale 2:1, unless you force it to do otherwise. The no scale command is just preventing that. So it's counter-intuitive because the default scaling of the phone isn't 1:1, as you'd think it is.
Dean Roddey
That's just it, it doesn't scale when the noscale command is not used. Or to remove the double negative - it displays 1:1 without the noscale command - not 2:1 as you are indicating

My iPhone SE has a screen resolution of x by y. I created a template of the same size (minus 40 pixes in height for the status bar at the top), and the phone displays it 1:1 as we are used to.

At the noscale command (&nopixelscale=1) and it s twice the size - so its has been scaled by 2. N the command seems to be saying scale by 2, not turn off scaling.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
So, what is really happening is this:

scaleFactor = 1.0 / window.devicePixelRatio;

So we are scaling by the inverse of the pixel ratio. If that is 2 (for a default 2:1 scaling), then we will scale by 1/2 to compensate. If your device reports 1:1 scaling, then this will do nothing. The code assumes that the number will never be less than 1.

If you set &logmisc=1 on the URL, it will log the device pixel ratio that it gets and what scaleFactor comes out to. That would gives us some useful info. That will go to the browser console, or you can force it to log to the CQC log if you want to by using &logtosrv=1 in the URL. However, that may happen too soon, i.e. before we are connected to the server.
Dean Roddey
I just want to make sure that everyone sees this.  There is an iOS app now available for WebRIVA.  I takes care of all the switches used in the url, allows for the status bar at the top to be removed to get real full screen and supports LAN and WAN connections

See this thread for details
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to tell WebRiva to rebuild itself ghurty 3 31 05-24-2018, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Does anyone have a nice interface set up using the new webRiva system? ghurty 0 55 05-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  WebRIVA disconnect issue dlmorgan999 11 360 05-09-2018, 09:38 AM
  Docs Link broken - Template Scaling Shaky 3 226 03-17-2018, 04:18 PM
  Certficates and WebRIVA kblagron 5 341 03-07-2018, 06:02 PM
  A proposal for implementing RIVACmd on WebRIVA Dean Roddey 7 509 02-22-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  CQC WebRiva not pulling up IVB 21 1,308 01-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Last Post: George M
  WebRiva Chrome Resetting to Default Template Jnetto 1 245 01-04-2018, 09:40 PM
  cqc server access and webriva zane 29 1,855 12-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Last Post: zane
  Template scaling issues dlmorgan999 18 3,587 11-20-2016, 08:01 PM