Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WebRiva, scaling?
I thought WebRiva would scale images? I just pulled up the iPhone sized images on my Android (bigger screen size), it shows up at the natively sized image. 

In our house we have
iPhone 6S: 1334x750
iPhone 7: 1920 x 1080
Pixel 2 XL: 2560 x 1440

I created screens for the 6S, was that the wrong move?
------------------------------------
Devices I'm phasing out: ISY, NuVo
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
It doesn't do any scaling itself. The phone does the scaling if any is done. If you don't suppress it they often do a 2:1 scaling, but that wouldn't be optimal for the middle one.

You can use the template scaling stuff to scale for the middle one. You should be able to get the phone to do 2x for the larger one, which is pretty much twice as large.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Anyone with an android phone able to have Chrome do any scaling? I can't figure it out. I even went into Accessibility, and checked the "override website request to prevent zoom in". Pinch to expand doesn't work, can't see what else to do.
WebRIVA won't try to prevent zoom unless you set the 'no scale' option on the URL. So that wouldn't be it. It may just assume that the user will do any scaling on the fly and you can't set a specific zoom on startup, I'm not sure. It's a bit of a black art to me, and probably not remotely standardized across browsers/platforms.

If you search for "chrome preset zoom" there are various pages that discuss this topic.
Dean Roddey
I can zoom on my laptop, but not the phone. Will keep googling.
Does anyone here have any success getting Android phones to scale up? I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do this, my Pixel 2 XL just won't show this at any size bigger than the native resolution.
btw here's the screwy thing, i can pinch to zoom on any webpage *except* WebRiva. I can zoom on the CQC Web Browser page, just not this one.
I'm assuming that the zoom thing has to do with the fact that the whole window is just an HTML canvas, so there's no actual background browser window to hit with gestures. Maybe there's something I can do to pass on gestures I don't use. I'll look at it.
Dean Roddey
(01-13-2018, 02:22 PM)IVB Wrote: Anyone with an android phone able to have Chrome do any scaling? I can't figure it out. I even went into Accessibility, and checked the "override website request to prevent zoom in".  Pinch to expand  doesn't work, can't see what else to do.

Same here. Cant get it to scale or zoom by pinching.
I have a Galaxy 7s and a Galaxy Tab 2S.

I made up a simple template and constantly changed size and then test it on the units. On the tab if I make the template the same size as my screen resolution it is much too big for the screen. I then cut the resolution in half and the template showed covering about 1/4 of the screen. The real problem is that it will not adjust by changing the size of the template like it does on a computer. For instance I will drag the template a bit by dragging the edge, saving the template and re loading the template in the tab. It doesn't change. On the computer it does. I do it some more and it still doesn't change. It only changes when the  template is changed by a lot.

It seems like it only changes by some multiples which I cant figure out in order to get a full screen on the tab or the phone.

Also as far as the 2:1 scaling, I did the template as 1/2 of the resolution and thats when it came out to cover about a fourth of the screen.
Thanks
George M
The WebRIVA has the same sort of caching that the IV does. It makes it more efficent. Set &nocache=1 on the URL to disable caching while you are testing.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Docs Link broken - Template Scaling Shaky 3 156 03-17-2018, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Certficates and WebRIVA kblagron 5 248 03-07-2018, 06:02 PM
  A proposal for implementing RIVACmd on WebRIVA Dean Roddey 7 379 02-22-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  CQC WebRiva not pulling up IVB 21 1,063 01-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Last Post: George M
  WebRiva Chrome Resetting to Default Template Jnetto 1 202 01-04-2018, 09:40 PM
  cqc server access and webriva zane 29 1,496 12-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Last Post: zane
  Template scaling issues dlmorgan999 18 3,446 11-20-2016, 08:01 PM
  Interface scaling in 5.0 dlmorgan999 2 664 11-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Running Template Scaling Crashes Running IV's wuench 3 860 01-24-2016, 01:40 PM
  RIVA thumbs not scaling? [FIXED] rbroders 8 1,792 08-13-2014, 06:19 PM