Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Webinar Topic Request thread
We should try to do the webinars more often.  Maybe every 6-8 weeks?  Fri 5pm pacific for 1 hour would work with my current work assignment. 

Reply here with topic requests.  Anything and everything is fine, even CQC 101 type stuff. I can also document my current state in case you see something interesting (and you haven't memorized my entire vlog channel)
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
We need to get back into the interface stuff. I need ideas!
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
I miss when we had serious graphics artists using CQC. My buttons are functional but not terribly attractive.
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
I saw Ripper over on Reddit a while back. I think he moved on to Crestron, but I still have a few of his image packs. Smile
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
Hey guys - attached is a template shwing what I was talking about with regards to doing everything in an action on PreLoad.

The example is for three lights.  You need a variable driver loaded called Var and the fields are Light1_Sunset, Light1_Sunrise and Light1_Shutdown - same for Light 2 and Light 3.

you will see that Light three's description is <unused>.  This will then hide all the widgets associated with light 3.

Still need to go to every widget to set an action to turn the field on and off, but once done this is re-usable by defining only in the action of the preload.

Let me know if you have any questions - its not perfect and probably could be done a little better given a bit of time.

There is a way that I saw something similar being done with overlays and thus removing the need to change all the actions on the widgets - That was a long time ago and I would need to investigate that logic again.  It would be a better way again to do this

Attached Files
.cqctmplpack   Webinar Example.CQCTmplPack (Size: 2.19 KB / Downloads: 2)
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
We need to build a better community place to share CQC images and templates.
(01-06-2018, 07:46 AM)kfly Wrote: We need to build a better community place to share CQC images and templates.

we used to have heavy sharing of these, although admittedly nearly 10 years ago. I still use the photoshop style templates ripper gave us, happy to post that again. Makes it easy to create attractive buttons/etc.
(01-06-2018, 08:07 AM)IVB Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 07:46 AM)kfly Wrote: We need to build a better community place to share CQC images and templates.

we used to have heavy sharing of these, although admittedly nearly 10 years ago. I still use the photoshop style templates ripper gave us, happy to post that again. Makes it easy to create attractive buttons/etc.

Is there a  "GitHub" like service for this type of content we would all find useful? My gut feeling is dean was always worried about file size/storage and copyright issues with images.
not sure. Anyone else know?
(01-06-2018, 08:26 AM)kfly Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 08:07 AM)IVB Wrote:

Is there a  "GitHub" like service for this type of content we would all find useful? My gut feeling is dean was always worried about file size/storage and copyright issues with images.

IVB, My first template was a shared one and used some of rippers buttons. I would not be on CQC if it wasn't for people sharing images and templates.
I think a lot of the CQC community would give back. Don't want to piss off anyone doing this professionally. With smartthings and all the competition out there images and templates should be a give away. The selling value is in the interface and CQC server capabilities.

Smartthings is getting "huge" because of the community and people contributing and sharing(some of the community additions make it back into product).

Dean, thoughts?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC Webinar Fri 1/5, 5pm PST/8pm PST IVB 3 523 01-05-2018, 10:27 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Redditors: Monthly HA Poll / usage thread IVB 0 469 09-07-2016, 10:31 AM
  your online webinar sw of choice IVB 5 761 01-07-2016, 10:46 AM
  Official CEDIA Talk Thread Dean Roddey 5 1,223 09-13-2009, 03:23 PM
  Official Name the Remote Viewer Thread Dean Roddey 69 5,482 04-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Steve
  Water Tank level - by request znelbok 11 1,492 05-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  noshali 220v thread noshali 31 3,781 02-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Last Post: rhamer
  myHomeCookingPC.com (recipe mgmt system) thread IVB 74 5,673 01-29-2007, 09:53 PM
  Comment on Driver request znelbok 14 2,278 01-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey