Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scheduled Events?
Soo ... I am starting to setup some of my scheduled events now that my scene save appears to be working OK.

I just setup a basic one that runs every weekday (M-F) to turn on CNN at 7AM via a Harmony activity.  I can start the event without issue, but how do I constrain when the event runs?

Do I really need to make 3 events?  The primary 'Start CNN at 7AM', a second one for Stop CNN that would run on Friday to pause the event, and then a third one on Sunday to resume it?

I am going to have quite a few questions as I get deeper into this since my intent is to use a CQC touchscreen as our primary 'alarm clock'.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
Hmmm ... is there a way to do this in the action editor? Set the scheduled event to run daily, and then use the IsWeekday in the action editor?
do the needful ...
(01-05-2018, 08:51 PM)jkmonroe Wrote: Soo ... I am starting to setup some of my scheduled events now that my scene save appears to be working OK.

I just setup a basic one that runs every weekday (M-F) to turn on CNN at 7AM via a Harmony activity.  I can start the event without issue, but how do I constrain when the event runs?

Do I really need to make 3 events?  The primary 'Start CNN at 7AM', a second one for Stop CNN that would run on Friday to pause the event, and then a third one on Sunday to resume it?

What are you trying to do, not getting it.
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Nothing crazy, I want to set an alarm for Monday through Friday at 7AM.

All that it will do is kick off a Harmony Hub activity.
do the needful ...
Yeh, just run it daily. In the action, decide if you really want it to run. That's trivial overhead once a day to run the action and decide to do nothing.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Think this will work:

Code:
System::GetDayOfWeek
    P1=Short
    P2=GVar:DayOfWeek
    P3=GVar:DayOfWeekName

If 
System::LsThan
    P1=%(GVar:DayOfWeek)
    P2=6

Devices::FieldWrite
    P1=harmony_lr.InvokeCmd
    P2=StartActivity: Morning News
    P3=True

End
do the needful ...
Isn't there a System::IsWeekDay() command? That would do all of that in one shot.
Dean Roddey
There is, but I don't know how to use it. It's asking for parameters for the (), I think. Parameter 1 command is required. What would I put in there?

The one I posted above seems to work.
do the needful ...
Trying to use the IsWeekday() command. Below is what is in the docs, but it doesn't seem to be accurate. I put a random GVar in for Parameter 1 and it seems to test out OK (doesn't run the action), but I won't be able to really check until Monday.

IsWeekDay() [*]
This command returns True if today is a week day, else False. If you want to check for a week end day, just negate the return value.
do the needful ...
It's giving back the day offset (0 though 6.) So provide it with the name of a variable to put it in. I'll fix the docs. Sorry about that.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FailOnErr in events IVB 6 96 01-01-2018, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Suggestion - Scheduled Events karenlee 2 563 05-10-2017, 05:37 PM
  Scheduled scripts not running ghurty 21 3,339 05-09-2017, 12:43 PM
  Scheduled Event - Yearly Basis Bugman 2 619 11-07-2016, 04:44 PM
  Pause All Scheduled Events? jkmonroe 8 1,325 09-29-2015, 03:51 PM
  Triggered Events Quit Working kblagron 3 838 07-30-2015, 08:53 AM
  Minor scheduled event issue dlmorgan999 2 835 07-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Unhandled Exception Scheduled Events zra 8 1,376 06-25-2015, 05:54 PM
Last Post: zra
  Events from M1 questions znelbok 3 896 01-25-2015, 08:34 AM
  Urgent: The Triggers tab does not show in the Manage Events console pseigler 6 1,260 11-12-2014, 07:02 AM
Last Post: pseigler