Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally loving IFTTT with Google Home and CQC HTTPtrigger
I was an early adopter on the bleeding edge with IFTTT and gave up a couple of years ago. I just tried again and it is now fantastic. 

In my Applets "THIS" is triggered by Google Assistant, where I can enter up to three different versions of a verbal command.

"THAT" is Webhooks where URL is one that my HTTPtrigger recognizes, Method=POST, Content Type=text/plain, and Body is blank.

Response is almost instant.

Also, IFTTT will not accept commands with the word "Play" in them. A problem since we have a Play Room and have been calling it that for ten years. However, you can also set up a shortcut in the Google Home App which does allow you to use the word "Play" in commands.

Have fun, Richard
(01-05-2018, 12:57 PM)RichardU Wrote: Response is almost instant.

Hi Richard, I started doing this in December and agree it's really good.  I don't know if in my case I would describe the response as almost instant though.  I just used a stop watch and from the time GHome says OK, turning light on it's 8 seconds to do so today.  I see that range by a few seconds I suppose depending on how much traffic is going trough IFTTT.

What do you see for timing of a response from CQC via IFTTT/GHome commands?  1-2 seconds?   I know there's probably lots of variables at play, but just curious what others are seeing I guess.

cheers!
I'm doing webhooks with CQC & IFTTT too, it's how i'm sending CQC the actual temp off my wireless temp sensors.
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Shaky. I just timed it at 2 seconds. In a conversational context, GH says "Okay" and lights go on at about the same pace as another individual would respond to a question. So I guess that's why it felt almost instant.

Clicking on my web page can be much faster (maybe a quarter of a second) although sometimes both methods can take a few seconds longer.

IVB. What wireless temp sensors do you use?
(01-05-2018, 02:42 PM)RichardU Wrote: IVB. What wireless temp sensors do you use?

MyTagList. These ones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRhiag_2ras
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Thanks, IVB. Nice videos. How does it work for you to control Zwave through your Elk and CQC?

Richard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AI based home automation potts.mike 7 2,818 01-09-2018, 08:59 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Artificial intelligence for the home. potts.mike 6 1,436 08-29-2017, 01:55 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Google Home $99 batwater 27 7,431 05-18-2017, 09:24 AM
Last Post: IVB
  Google and RPI3 Ron Haley 1 830 05-04-2017, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Get Started using AutoVoice on Google Home and Amazon Echo batwater 2 2,301 02-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: batwater
  IFTTT Maker jkmonroe 18 3,650 10-06-2016, 04:42 PM
  Google Home batwater 4 1,227 10-05-2016, 06:38 PM
  Echo IFTTT Trigger speed slow lately Bugman 0 839 06-11-2016, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Google reaches into customers' homes and bricks their gadgets Mark Stega 4 1,233 04-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Amazon Echo and IFTTT - Specific Phrase potts.mike 9 1,958 12-29-2015, 04:12 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe