Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos Drivers
(02-04-2018, 12:49 PM)jkmonroe Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 05:55 AM)batwater Wrote: And lastly, I've had 3 Communication loss events since I fired the drivers back up after reverting to all wired. Something is still amiss. We will need feedback from others that have Sonos as to whether they are also seeing Comm drops.  I'm still looking at the switch logs on my network switches for logged events.

I have 5 zones of Sonos, the Home Theater and the rest are Play:1's.  0 comm drops.

Zone Driver only, Sonos is all the way updated, only the Playbar is hardwired (the rest are wireless).  Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X, MikroTik wapAC, Netgear JGS516PE managed switch.

Could it have something to do with control via CQC?  My Sonos are all (primarily) controlled via the Harmony Hub natively (sometimes I use Sonos app but rarely), including through my in-development CQC IV which kicks off Hub activities so we can always use the remote for volume control.

Thanks Jason , right now I just have the CQC ZP drivers loaded and running in "passive mode", have not automated anything yet due to excessive comm drops which likely were caused by network loops.  I have 6 Sonos devices, each one with a ZP driver mapped.  What is interesting is that all 6 driver instances have the same count on communication drops.  Process of elimination, I'm going to move the drivers to a different machine and see if that makes a difference.  Drivers currently reside on a Win 10 virtual machine.  Prior to going hardwired on everything I had massive comm drops on several devices including the wireless ones to the point where I disabled the drivers.

Counts are incrementing slowly whether we're using Sonos or not (at least I think this is the case.)  Right now it's up to 5.  I just bumped logging up to a high verbosity on the driver instance of the Sonos we use the most often.  Don't know if the comm losses will be logged or not, would be nice to have a times tamp of the comm loss.  With that I might be able to eventually correlate/associate where the problem is coming from.

Off to a Superbowl party, I'll move the drivers later or tomorrow.
IF they all have lost comm the same number of times that certainly does tend to point to some external source of evil.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Great, you all jinxed me.

Now none of my Sonos devices are working. They are all red and stuck at 'Wait for Comm Resource'. The log simply says "Could not load the zone player using the provided player ID."

My server is unchanged (no updates, nothing) and is a Windows 7 machine. I haven't tried to uninstall/reinstall the devices yet and probably won't be able to until the weekend.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
How about any Sonos firmware updates or changes in firmware on your network gear?
Mine did that last week,  and I rebooted the server and all was okay
I think that Windows isn't so good about quickly re-finding UPnP ids if they change. It assumes that they are unchanging, and generally they are. It would probably at some point do some regularly scheduled checking of its cached info I guess, but I don't know long that might take.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
restarting the master server worked. everything came back online.

which is strange, because my system has been up for weeks and we've not had a power outage. that said, i was on 8.2.2 back on 1/8/2018 and when i just checked im now on 8.3, so Sonos did update.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drivers and Hardware List wusupwchu 3 64 02-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Updated to V2 media drivers tom 8 470 11-26-2017, 11:10 AM
  Moving drivers to another machine (or renaming a machine) Dean Roddey 0 259 10-04-2017, 11:57 AM
  Has anyone done the Sonos Upgrade kblagron 2 782 07-16-2017, 10:27 AM
  Drivers missing zra 29 3,566 07-05-2017, 07:38 PM
  Which one of the CQC simulator drivers would be the best to simulate sonos? ghurty 1 685 04-02-2017, 07:41 PM
  Sonos Zone Player V2? karenlee 36 6,395 03-26-2017, 09:38 AM
Exclamation Sonos API Changes batwater 14 2,860 03-23-2017, 06:36 PM
  Sonos Favorites in List Browser kblagron 10 2,176 12-18-2016, 11:00 AM
  Client Side Drivers pinballmark 2 1,078 12-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Last Post: pinballmark