Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos Drivers
Right now it's the only Sonos device on the network - i got it to experiment / evaluate, before jumping in and getting a load more.

It's currently in the disconnected state, and can be controlled by my iPhone Sonos app and the CQC Zone Player.
Do you know of anything that you know uses the UPnP media renderer interface? Does Windows have a generic UPnP media renderer control point? If you bring up the Windows browser it shows media devices. Does it show the Sonos? It may only show it as a DLNA media repository, not a renderer though.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I’ve had to restart the Sonos, so all is behaving again now.

Over the weekend I’ll sort something out on Windows to use as a reference. I think JRiver can be set up to render to the Sonos, but not tried it. Maybe VLC? I’m sure I can find something.

It currently shows in the Windows browser, but I didn’t look until I’d restarted the Sonos.
(Yesterday, 10:39 AM)kjaerligkatt Wrote: It doesn't seem possible to set the Sonos to static IPs, but I've bound the MAC address to the IP (which is my preferred method, and how other devices on my network are assured a constant IP).

If it was the IP changing under CQC, why would this affect only the one CQC type of device driver though?

I'm pretty certain the IP addresses are the same as when I initially installed.  I'll monitor it carefully (have made a note of IP addresses this time to be sure nothing strange is happening with IPs on the router, even with the MAC binding)

On your route, using the MAC address of each Sonos you can do a static DHCP reservation to assign a specific IP address. Just make certain that the address you assign is outside of the range of DHCP addresses that the router assigns to devices.
Yeh, definitely make sure your router's available dynamic range is configured not to overlap any statics.
Dean Roddey
I currently run 192.168.1.2-220 as dynamically assigned addresses. 221-254 are excluded from the DHCP pool.

The Sonos has been running on 192.168.1.239

I forceably changed the IP of the Sonos earlier, to see if the CQC driver coped. It did.

I’ll do some further analysis of my LAN infrastructure over the weekend, as well as looking at playing with another uPnP client to see if it suffers from occasional loss of comms too
If you have a Win7 system and you really want to diagnose UPnP problems, Intel's UPnP tools are a really good way to do it, though you have to learn a bit about them. I don't think they work on anything beyond Win7 though, or didn't the last time I looked.
Dean Roddey
I can dust off a VM image with Win7 I’m sure. I’ll take a look.
You can find some discussion about them here on the forum. If you search for Intel AND UPnP that should find it.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated to V2 media drivers tom 8 350 11-26-2017, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Moving drivers to another machine (or renaming a machine) Dean Roddey 0 194 10-04-2017, 11:57 AM
  Has anyone done the Sonos Upgrade kblagron 2 692 07-16-2017, 10:27 AM
  Drivers missing zra 29 3,075 07-05-2017, 07:38 PM
  Which one of the CQC simulator drivers would be the best to simulate sonos? ghurty 1 625 04-02-2017, 07:41 PM
  Sonos Zone Player V2? karenlee 36 5,924 03-26-2017, 09:38 AM
Exclamation Sonos API Changes batwater 14 2,577 03-23-2017, 06:36 PM
  Sonos Favorites in List Browser kblagron 10 1,994 12-18-2016, 11:00 AM
  Client Side Drivers pinballmark 2 1,021 12-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Sonos Connect Problem kblagron 24 3,234 10-23-2016, 09:24 AM
Last Post: karenlee