Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power on using Harmony Hub
Ok, have tried by creating a new trigger, the way you suggested. In the log it shows the poweroff command. I will recheck what I have done. Sure I missed a step.
Make sure of the terminology.

1. The trigger is what you configure on the field, you configure it to send out a trigger. There can only be one such per field. You can set it up to send a trigger just for one specific value or you can let it send out a trigger any time it changes. If you want to only respond to a single value, the former is best since it's not sending out triggers that have to be ignored. They are seen by everyone in the network so there's overhead involved in that. If you really need to respond to various values and it doesn't change often, then it's fine to set it up to send out a trigger for any value.

Note that there are also standard triggers you don't have to configure, for things like security zones, lighting loads, and a few others.

2. You then configure a triggered event that can be 'triggered' by that incoming trigger. That triggered event has:
2.A - A set of filters that controls what triggers will cause it to be triggered
2.B - An action that gets run if an incoming trigger gets through the filters
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Also when I created the poweroff trigger, it caused the watch tv trigger not to work. I deleted the poweroff trig and the watch tv started working.
Got it to working on/off now. Just deleted the off trig and started over.
That probably means both of them were being run, which means that the filter probably wasn't correct. The watch tv one needs to filter for the field having the value that indicates that the watch tv activity is the current one. The power off one needs to watch for the the field having the value that indicates the power off activity is the current one.

So one should indicate

Watch TV Theater Rm

and the other should indicate:

PowerOff

Or that's what was showing up when you previous posted the output from the trigger monitor tab. So on both of them, set the first filter to "Is New Fld Vlaue For", select the current activity field as the field, and indicate the appropriate activity name as the Comp Val value.

You can also check the 'Log Invocations' check box to have CQC log when it runs them, so that you can see which ones are being run. Bring up the log monitor, sort by time, and watch for msgs about triggered events being run to see which ones it is running.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(Yesterday, 06:05 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: That probably means both of them were being run, which means that the filter probably wasn't correct. The watch tv one needs to filter for the field having the value that indicates that the watch tv activity is the current one. The power off one needs to watch for the the field having the value that indicates the power off activity is the current one.

So one should indicate

Watch TV Theater Rm

and the other should indicate:

PowerOff

Or that's what was showing up when you previous posted the output from the trigger monitor tab.  So on both of them, set the first filter to "Is New Fld Vlaue For", select the current activity field as the field, and indicate the appropriate activity name as the Comp Val value.

You can also check the 'Log Invocations' check box to have CQC log when it runs them, so that you can see which ones are being run. Bring up the log monitor, sort by time, and watch for msgs about triggered events being run to see which ones it is running.

Yes, I am pretty sure that's what my mistake was, I was able to use the log to help me figure out what was going on.
Thanks, now back to figure out the Lutron issue's  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harmony Hub driver tom 43 6,140 08-17-2017, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Harmony Hub Offline? potts.mike 83 10,614 12-28-2016, 02:09 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Harmony hub templates potts.mike 6 1,151 11-16-2016, 06:01 PM
  Harmony "All Off" Command help IVB 7 1,272 07-24-2016, 10:38 AM
  new logitech harmony radios jkmonroe 133 9,367 07-24-2016, 06:37 AM
Last Post: IVB
  Are GVars persistent even after power is off? ghurty 4 754 01-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  Automatic Amp Power rbroders 3 487 05-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Detecting Power On pjgregory 10 932 09-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  Web Control Power for under $110 trouble 0 581 06-09-2010, 04:52 AM
Last Post: trouble
  Using a M1 to monitor power? trouble 9 2,084 01-21-2010, 02:52 AM
Last Post: trouble