Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Config
Ok I can copy and paste the new tile to the user auto Gen, is listed with all the others overlays. Save all, when I run the config it does not show up, and when I reopen the auto user interfaces the tile I copied is no longer in the list of overlays?
You can't copy them into the generated output area. That is re-generated every time you run the auto-gen. You copy it somewhere else and point the system config data at it. It will then be generated into the output content.

Anyway, I'll look at it here in a bit and try to get a new video up for that in the 5.x world, and make sure it all works right in the process.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Did you add that extra overlay to the rooms you want to use it? Remember the Global tab just defines available stuff, it doesn't automatically make the rooms use it. Select a room and go to the Extra Overlays tab and select the ones you want to apply to that room, then save and generate.

When I do that I get my extra tile. I have to scroll the tile screen up in my case since I already have enough to fill the first page's worth.

But, there is an issue in that clicking the title bar for that tile gets an error since it seems to be referencing the wrong path, so let me take a look at that.
Dean Roddey
OK, the generation is probably just the above, you didn't add that overlay to the room(s). But there's a mistake setting up of the list of templates to scale. It gets the target names wrong for the custom overlays, so they fail to get uploaded, which means that the title bar of the tile fails when you click it because the template it's trying to load isn't there.

I'll fix that for the next drop.
Dean Roddey
Ok Thank you
That's in 5.2.8, BTW, which I posted yesterday.
Dean Roddey
I did see that, did the update all worked, but lost all my lights. Have to enter them all again.
Lost all your lights from where? You mean the ones defined in the Global tab? That definitely shouldn't happen. Did anything show in the logs related to that?
Dean Roddey
Under the client side driver, and also not listed in the driver.

(01-09-2018, 05:13 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Lost all your lights from where? You mean the ones defined in the Global tab? That definitely shouldn't happen. Did anything show in the logs related to that?

Will take a look
So you don't mean they went away from the system config global tab, you mean that they went away from I guess the Lutron driver?

If so, then I'm guessing it couldn't read the config file that the client driver created last time you saved. If that happens again, before you do anything, go to:

[cqc]\CQCData\MacroFileRoot\Drivers\RadioRA2

And there should be a xxx.Cfg file in there, where xxx is the moniker of your driver. Send me that file so that I can see if there's something wrong with it. If you made changes and saved, then you will have overwritten anything that might have caused a problem. The client side driver is new bits, so there may be a quirk or two still in there.

Speaking of which, since you were having no luck creating a file that the driver could see, go look there and see if the file is there now that the driver itself is creating it. If you don't see it, then most definitely you are not looking where CQC is installed.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New HVAC System - Nest? dgage 5 1,497 05-24-2017, 11:15 AM
Last Post: dgage
  Keep system from sleeping George M 8 2,298 01-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Last Post: wuench
  Auto Gen / Room config potts.mike 3 1,540 12-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Porting Auto-Gen Music Templates to Existing System TurboSam 4 1,137 08-31-2016, 01:08 PM
Last Post: TurboSam
  Need help to get a working system on CQC ellisr63 26 4,662 10-19-2015, 05:05 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Philips Hue group config pinballmark 8 1,884 07-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Kiosk Error: "No CQC System ID was set" TurboSam 3 1,420 07-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Last Post: TurboSam
  System crashed, unable to get it going again. Deane Johnson 43 5,637 11-11-2014, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  CQC Webserver config lleo 2 1,214 10-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Last Post: lleo
  Replacement HVAC system pinballmark 6 3,280 11-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: dgage