Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Config
Wanted to try the auto gen for some new templates, when I try to fill in the media section I get, no drivers of the required type were found. I have the CQC repo and cd player loaded.
They have to be V2 compatible drivers. Make sure you have loaded the V2 versions of those.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I don't see v2 for denon 3311ci, Sony vpl 100, Harmony hub, Sony es777 changer, Pentair controller.
For most of those things, it doesn't matter because there's nothing in the auto-gen related to them. Of those bits, the Denon is the only one that matters for auto-gen purposes. I don't think that there's a driver for the 3311ci model of either V1 or V2 sort, is there? If it uses the recent Denon interface style it wouldn't be too hard to do one, since some time back I create a nice framework for making it far easier to support Denon models.
Dean Roddey
I see there is a Marantz SR 7005, I have the Pre/pro av7005 that will work
I have tried to look for info/docs, on the system config, auto gen, creating extra overlays. How do I create a overlay for pool controls to add to the auto config?
That's something that sort of got lost (documentation-wise) in the 5.x conversion. Whatever stuff I'd set up before to do the videos for that I'd lost and haven't had the time to get back into it to re-do that. But the short version is:

1. Go to the /Customize/Interfaces/System/Themes/BlueGlass section and right click on one of the existing right hand side templates, like Overlay_MusicPlaying. That's one that has the layout required for one of the sections. And it's the right size so that it gets scaled the same. And it has some buttons in the bottom bar you can use as a guide if you need some of those.
2. Copy it and then paste it somewhere in your area of the /Interfaces/User area.
3. You can then modify this as required. To start off with as a test, just empty it out and get that working. Then if you are confident it will work, start updating it to add your stuff
4. You need to create the content that will go in the associated custom tile on the main page. It has to fit inside those tile images, but doesn't include the time image itself, it's just the stuff to go inside. So make one about 390x230, with a transparent background and put your controls in there. It will create a tile section and steal those controls to put into it. It will have the right arrow in the top bar to indicate click to select this section. Initially, as above, just maybe put a piece of title text in it to indicate this is my tile.

Add a new custom overlay and select those two templates, then do a gen and see what happens. It's possible something got broken there and just no one has even tried it in a while. If so, let me know. I'll put getting that stuff re-documented and a new video for it for the next release.
Dean Roddey
When I try to paste, the only choice I get is paste attributes, no paste. It does ask if I want to save changes, when I close the template. I just don't see anything.
I meant copy and paste within the browser tree. So go to the original, right click and copy. Then find some place in the User area where you are putting your stuff and right click on that scope in the browser tree and do a paste. That will create a new copy of the template for you that you can modify. You can rename it after you paste it in.
Dean Roddey
Ok makes sense, thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding custom tiles/overlays to the auto-gen system Dean Roddey 0 79 07-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  New HVAC System - Nest? dgage 5 1,549 05-24-2017, 11:15 AM
Last Post: dgage
  Keep system from sleeping George M 8 2,387 01-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Last Post: wuench
  Auto Gen / Room config potts.mike 3 1,569 12-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Porting Auto-Gen Music Templates to Existing System TurboSam 4 1,165 08-31-2016, 01:08 PM
Last Post: TurboSam
  Need help to get a working system on CQC ellisr63 26 4,781 10-19-2015, 05:05 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Philips Hue group config pinballmark 8 1,929 07-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Kiosk Error: "No CQC System ID was set" TurboSam 3 1,450 07-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Last Post: TurboSam
  System crashed, unable to get it going again. Deane Johnson 43 5,754 11-11-2014, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  CQC Webserver config lleo 2 1,233 10-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Last Post: lleo