Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CQC on Amazon
If anything, I think Win10 VM activation is more persistent. If you replace a motherboard on a non-VM system, I don't think Windows will automatically activate the new one. With a VM, I think you could copy it to any hardware, and Windows would be unaware that it has been moved. I think.
My Other web server is Dropbox.
(12-28-2017, 09:29 AM)RichardU Wrote: If anything, I think Win10 VM activation is more persistent. If you replace a motherboard on a non-VM system, I don't think Windows will automatically activate the new one. With a VM, I think you could copy it to any hardware, and Windows would be unaware that it has been moved. I think.

That has not been my experience.  When changing the motherboard on my VM host, and/or migrating VMs to  a new system, all Windows 10 guests needed to be re-authorized.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
(12-27-2017, 05:02 PM)batwater Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 01:20 PM)potts.mike Wrote: I was using crashplan not sure what I am going to do now that it is shutting down.

Yeah, me too, really bummed that CrashPlan is going commercial only, not sure what I'm going to do either.  There's nothing like it on the market...

I just bit the bullet and upgraded to the commercial version. $10 / month is still a good value to me.
For me I have 3 machines that are backed up, so I am having to evaluate other options before puling the trigger on $30/month. I could take it down to one, put some file copying scheduled scripting sorcery in place on 2 of the machines but that complicates things on something that I really want to be brain dead bullet proof.
Please report back here what you come up with for cloud backup.

I'm wondering if Amazon Web Services could be useful for this. It's not free, but most of what they offer is dirt cheap.
My Other web server is Dropbox.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon Echo Smart Home Skills API jkmonroe 23 3,022 04-19-2016, 08:40 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Amazon Echo $153 today only (on sale) IVB 0 741 04-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Last Post: IVB