Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Import a CQC Image Package
Downloaded a CQC Image Package from Image Sets under Help Documentation into a desktop folder on laptop. Then go to Admin Intf... File> Tools> Import Package, select a package from desktop folder and then Import. Get an error re: Tree Browser path not valid, as copied below:

Must be missing something simple!!! Do I have to create a tree path in the AI or something? Ken

10/28 10:51:36-PatHP-laptop-C24LIQ5, CQCAdmin, MainThread
{
CQCRemBrws, CQCRemBrws_ThisFacility.cpp.232, Failed/Data Format, Error: 6003/0/0
The tree browser path was not valid
\System\ImgPacks\RonsButtons\Round\Black LD
<CQCAdmin> CQCIGKit_ImportPackDlg.cpp - 610

}
Hmmm... Looks like there's some issue there. It should create the path for you. Or, the path format has changed since that package was created. Or, since I accidentally deleted the downloads directory on the server and had to upload them again, I regenerated the packages, and maybe there's some issue in the package generation because they'd not been regenerated for a long time. So let me take a look at it.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I see the same issue. I think it's because the format of paths was changed from using \ to / separators (to avoid the many issues with escape characters) and the code that loads the image pack didn't get updated to flip them appropriately. Which is still needed to load old packs, but the package creation code should create them correctly now as well.
Dean Roddey
Yep, it's the separator types. I just updated the package creator to create them with the right slashes and it imported fine. So, that means you don't need any new code to import them. I just need to regenerate them with the right slashes and re-upload them. So let me do that and I'll let you know when they are there. I do still need to deal with old packages being imported, and flip the slashes appropriately, but that is a separate thing. Or, actually, that may already be done, but because these were newly generated packages, it didn't think it should have to flip them.
Dean Roddey
Uh oh. RDP is not working. I know some folks had issues with it after the Fall updates, but I have been able to connect to our server fine, it was more connecting to these updated machines AFAIK. But I'm getting an internal error when I try to invoke RDP. That's not good.

[Oh well, I did a bunch more times and it finally succeeded. Not sure what was going on there.]
Dean Roddey
OK, download it again and try it and see if it doesn't work now.
Dean Roddey
(10-28-2017, 08:47 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: OK, download it again and try it and see if it doesn't work now.

Thanks Dean, it works now!!!!   Ken
(10-28-2017, 02:15 PM)KenC Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 08:47 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: OK, download it again and try it and see if it doesn't work now.

Thanks Dean, it works now!!!!   Ken

Quick ques:

Will all these various packs be loaded under a single directory path as such?    Images>System>ImgPacks>BlueFantasy (Pack).

Reason I ask is the only one that loads in this path is BlueFantasy, not sure where the other packs went such as Ron'sButtons, etc....  Ken
They should all end up under the System/ImagePacks directory, in a sub-scope named after their package name. If you already had that open in the browser, Refresh the ImagePacks scope to see changes that might have been made behind the AI's back.
Dean Roddey
(10-28-2017, 03:16 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: They should all end up under the System/ImagePacks directory, in a sub-scope named after their package name. If you already had that open in the browser, Refresh the ImagePacks scope to see changes that might have been made behind the AI's back.

Thanks Dean, that worked.  Ken

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant import package "do not have necessary rights" ghurty 1 100 11-22-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
Question Boolean image is in error state ghurty 4 623 05-24-2018, 09:04 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  Using Overlay and Static Image Browser kblagron 2 732 03-11-2018, 11:59 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Floor Plan import George M 2 563 01-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Last Post: George M
  Field Logo Image depending on another condition lleo 6 1,880 07-27-2017, 09:45 AM
  Create/Import Packages pjgregory 9 3,021 07-19-2017, 01:45 AM
Last Post: pjgregory
  Dean: Where is the import driver package these days Bugman 3 1,411 12-09-2016, 08:52 AM
  Possible to create an action "package" that can be called by other packages? ghurty 1 1,023 11-17-2016, 07:44 PM
  Field Boolean Image behavior pinballmark 6 1,510 12-28-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Problem with enumerated image widget pjgregory 5 1,325 04-30-2015, 12:13 PM