Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.2.0 follow up releases
I updated the 5.2.5 and now the client interface loads fine.
Perhaps I misunderstood it or I am confusing this driver with others, but I thought that with the update now the driver gets the available switches/dimmers from the main repeater. As is, the client interface seems like just an editor of the config file built in and adding the available devices is still a manual process?
There's no way for the driver to get that information itself, unfortunately. It would be awfully nice and I've recommended it to them any time I've had an opportunity to talk to anyone there. The client interface just keeps you from having to manually edit the file, so you don't have to worry about the format and it sanity checks any values and all that. So just a safer, and for most folks, more convenient way to configure the driver. Also means you don't have to do it on the machine where the driver is, you can do it from any CQC enabled client.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(12-18-2017, 10:07 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: There's no way for the driver to get that information itself, unfortunately. It would be awfully nice and I've recommended it to them any time I've had an opportunity to talk to anyone there. The client interface just keeps you from having to manually edit the file, so you don't have to worry about the format and it sanity checks any values and all that. So just a safer, and for most folks, more convenient way to configure the driver. Also means you don't have to do it on the machine where the driver is, you can do it from any CQC enabled client.

you may want to check out the device discovery in openhab or home-assistant, both of them do automatic discovery of what is available on a RadiioRA2 system and set them up automatically. While a convenience, I agree with you that it is safer to manually do it.

Now if we would add shade/blind support, that would be a first, since none of the freebies have that... Rolleyes
Are you sure they aren't just being pointed at the report export file or something?
Dean Roddey
I looked and I don't see any commands for getting that kind of info. The only thing I could think of is being pointed at the export file. I looked at that one time but it was so undocumented and seeming a bit arbitrary that I wasn't convinced I could get accurate information from it. They may have improved that over time.
Dean Roddey
(12-18-2017, 01:46 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I looked and I don't see any commands for getting that kind of info. The only thing I could think of is being pointed at the export file. I looked at that one time but it was so undocumented and seeming a bit arbitrary that I wasn't convinced I could get accurate information from it. They may have improved that over time.

Dunno the details, but I played recently with home assistant - read that I installed it on a virtual machine - and I was impressed how much it gathered on the devices scattered on my network. Let's say it found and set up without a single key press from me about half of my devices. Radio RA2 was one that was most complete, however it only knew of dimmers, switches and associated LEDs. No keypads (real hardware) or no virtual ones, also no motions or other devices.

You know that there is a default username/password baked into each RA2 main repeater and as such one can login and simply enumerate the devices. Getting the XML file through HTTP is another way and parsing that. Both of these methods should work but for what it saves, maybe helpful for noobs. The HA also puled the names of zones that were used to program with the RA2 devices, and I gave no much thought when programmed those, since I thought they will never see daylight.
I don't see any commands in the integration protocol related to enumerating devices. I wasn't aware of any HTTP protocol, but I could imagine they are grabbing the XML file and getting the info that way. That's something I could look at. They may only be getting those types because that's all they can figure out. As I said before it wasn't something really well designed for the purpose of auto-figuring things out, at least the last time I looked at it.
Dean Roddey
I am sure that there are others as well, I sort of can follow this python fork of what I believe is in HA.

https://github.com/scottjgibson/pylutron
[url=https://github.com/scottjgibson/pylutron][/url]
Looks like it's parsing the XML, which it gets from an exported file. We'd still need the client interface of course. You may want to remove some, to change some names, some options won't be in the XML file since they are driver specific such as whether to send triggers or not, etc...
Dean Roddey
Version 5.2.7 is posted, link in the first post of this thread. This one includes the stuff for 5.2.6 as well, which I just put up there for Bryan's Plucker's systems. This one includes a lot of accumulated fixes, some internal improvements, and a couple nice new features.

1. The right hand tabbed window of the interface editor now has a Find tab, which lets you search for widgets using some simple criteria. It will fill in a list with any matches. Select one to have it highlighted in the editor, and you can then flip over to the attribute editor tab, or tab over to the editor window and manipulate that widget.

2. The remote file selection dialog now remembers the last path accessed for each file type. So, if you are making a selection and there's not a previously selected file to go back to, it will go back to the last path for that file type. This very often avoids a lot of busy work.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5.1.0 followup releases Dean Roddey 47 12,723 07-17-2017, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  4.2 Followup Releases Info Dean Roddey 131 14,618 11-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey