Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logitech Media Server/squeezebox driver freezes Admin interface
I just upgraded to 5.2 from 5.1.904 beta, and noticing a bad lock-up whenever I open the Logitech Media Server beta driver, version 3.82, in the Administrative interface.
Other drivers I have do not cause this.
The only way I can get out this condition is by force-close the administrative interface.
There is nothing logged in the logs, and the Logitech Media Server works fine on its own, and plays music.
Nothing changed on my end from before the upgrade, maybe something under the hood changed that makes this driver to freeze.
Any idea how to troubleshoot this?
You mean you just are opening up the Driver Monitor tab for it, the one that shows the fields?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(10-20-2017, 12:33 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: You mean you just are opening up the Driver Monitor tab for it, the one that shows the fields?

yes, that's it
This isn't one of the shipped squeeze center drivers, but some other one, right? Can you point me to the driver?

I'm not sure about the details of that driver, but is it practical to let me connect to it from here?
Dean Roddey
Yes, this is non-shipped driver.
It is from this thread: http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sho...p?tid=6641
Can you give me some pointers on how you typically access remote installs?
Could port-forward temporarily for remote desktop
Let me take a look at the driver and see how it is connecting to the device. RDP wouldn't help in this case, since it's not an issue apparently with the driver, but something about the data is confusing the driver monitor tab.

I see it has a lot of string list fields. How large are some of those lists in your case? That may be something to look at. That's something I can see being unusual compared to most other drivers potentially.
Dean Roddey
(10-20-2017, 03:58 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Let me take a look at the driver and see how it is connecting to the device. RDP wouldn't help in this case, since it's not an issue apparently with the driver, but something about the data is confusing the driver monitor tab.

I see it has a lot of string list fields. How large are some of those lists in your case? That may be something to look at. That's something I can see being unusual compared to most other drivers potentially.

That may be a lead indeed, I have a large library, very large, so the artists/albums fields could be very large indeed, previously was not an issue though, and not that I added a lot to my library before upgrade...
Also sent a PM for you
So the issue here was indeed the length of those string list fields, which were just being displayed in the list box as is. I've updated the driver monitor tab to clip all displayed values to a maximum of 256 characters for display, which is more than enough. That gets rid of the problem.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Level Triggers and Action rules admin screen kfly 1 78 11-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Odd behavior of Admin interface Mark Stega 1 93 10-22-2017, 09:12 AM
  music & movie driver experiences and or suggestions zane 2 349 10-18-2017, 06:48 AM
Last Post: pjgregory
  Really simple CML driver questions znelbok 327 45,866 10-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Relearning interface building George M 6 1,116 09-25-2017, 04:50 PM
  Kramer Protocol 2000 driver and VS-1616v Help Please! NightLight 6 402 09-12-2017, 05:08 PM
  Next V2 driver problem kjaerligkatt 9 462 09-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kjaerligkatt
  Interface Editor and Creating Interfaces bobskie708 1 310 08-27-2017, 01:43 PM
  RCS Thermostat Driver help sic0048 10 885 08-19-2017, 08:01 AM
  Harmony Hub driver tom 43 5,601 08-17-2017, 09:00 AM