Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CQC fresh install
Dean,
(feel free to vote me off the CQC island If I suck up too much time here)

Now that I am totally WebRiva had a chance to do  a fresh install(CQC 5.1.911) on my dev test PC that has never had a CQC server installed. 
    ·        No previous installation was found (New)
    ·        Master server/single machine install  (Next)

two issues:
Uninstall issue:
·        Uninstall did not stop tray icon.
       Left the CQC/Bin and Tray mon + Dll’s. 
·        Batch  file to remove all files  gets error after you say yes. “The batch file cannot be found” 
      Although it seems to work.(unless you have tray icon running)

Install issue:
(see attached).
When I do a fresh install I cannot add any devices in admin screen. (everything else seems to work)
Tried install with all new ports and with NIC card disabled so it wouldn't' conflict with my main master server.
Any clue for me to look for cause of this Admins is not in scope error?

10/07 09:15:17-Kevin-HomePC, CIDNameSrv, CIDOrbSrvWorkThread_2
{
    CIDOrbUC, CIDNameSrv_Impl.cpp.259, Failed/Type Match, Error: 4600/0/0
    '/CQC/CQCServer/Admins' is not a scope, it is a binding node
      <CIDNameSrv> CIDNameSrv_Impl.cpp - 303
      <CIDNameSrv> CIDOrb_ThisFacility.cpp - 536
      <CQCAdmin> CIDOrbUC_NameSrvClientProxy.cpp - 218
      <CQCAdmin> CQCTreeBrws_DevicesBrws.cpp - 939
      <CQCAdmin> CIDCtrls_ExceptDlg.cpp - 55

Attached Files
.txt   CIDLog.Txt (Size: 5.19 KB / Downloads: 2)
Hmmm.... I install fresh ones all the time, so I'd a thunk it would be fine. I'll look at it. IN the meantime go back and delete the directory and install again and leave the default ports. There's no problem with it conflicting these days. You'd only need to change ports if there was another program on the same machine using one of those ports.

I'm assuming this happened when you right clicked on the host to add the driver?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I can't reproduce that error. So, just to be sure, you right clicked on Devices, and there should have just been an 'Add on Server' option, since there would have been no drivers installed yet. Did the error occur immediately upon right clicking, or when you selected Add on Server?

You didn't, by any chance, name this machines 'Admins' did you? Or maybe the name of the machine is CQCServer?
Dean Roddey
(10-07-2017, 10:14 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I can't reproduce that error. So, just to be sure, you right clicked on Devices, and there should have just been an 'Add on Server' option, since there would have been no drivers installed yet. Did the error occur immediately upon right clicking, or when you selected Add on Server?

You didn't, by any chance, name this machines 'Admins' did you? Or maybe the name of the machine is CQCServer?

No hostname returns "Kevin-HomePC"

It is a pretty plain vanilla windows 10 machine.  I do sign in with my microsoft outlook account(outlook.com).(so it Isn't a local account).

In sysinfo it shows.
System Name   KEVIN-HOMEPC
User Name KEVIN-HOMEPC\Kevin   Although I really sign in as kevflynn@outlook.com as administrator. 

Maybe another Microsoft issue. Will do some testing installing as local account and report back.
Can you open the CQC Command Prompt and do this:

CIDNSAdmin Dump > ns.txt

and send me the ns.txt file?
Dean Roddey
OK, digging deeper, it looks like the most likely scenario is that CQCServer (which hosts the drivers) is either not installed or not able to talk to the name server. So go back through the install process and make sure that driver support is enabled. I'll try to get a better error report for that.
Dean Roddey
OK, yeh, I confirmed that is what is going on. No driver support is loaded on any machine in that CQC system, so that scope never got created. I've updated it to check for the scope and not to try to get its contents if it doesn't exist. That will cause you to get the correct 'no driver support found' type of error.
Dean Roddey
(10-07-2017, 02:47 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: OK, yeh, I confirmed that is what is going on. No driver support is loaded on any machine in that CQC system, so that scope never got created. I've updated it to check for the scope and not to try to get its contents if it doesn't exist. That will cause you to get the correct 'no driver support found' type of error.

Thanks for pointing me in the right area. Probably could use a better error message there..

Hot off the press....  For some reason I don't get a CQCServer.exe installed in the CQC Bin directory. (hence why it does not startup).
Odd.. Will dig into it more. maybe antivirus.
You probably didn't select it as an installation option. Run the installer again and check. In that initial page where you set the basic options, one was control devices from that machine. If you didn't check that, then device control wouldn't have been enabled in the list of options. Turn off the use previous options check box and double click that one to enable it.
Dean Roddey
Dean,
I am so Sorry...  I figured out what I was doing wrong.
You are right. I was just blowing by the first screen and not checking "control devices".
Figured if it was the master server device control would be the default/minimum it would install.

Any reason not to always do a control devices on a master server during a new install? If someone is doing a free trial/demo not sure they would know to check that.

Sorry again
Kevin

[Image: DqWE7GW.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone try a multi-site HA install using a VPN? IVB 17 2,163 09-06-2017, 01:18 AM
Last Post: NightLight
  CQC install setup question ellisr63 3 1,217 05-03-2014, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Help with hp5700 install robolo 15 2,911 08-29-2013, 08:11 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  fresh windows install? rtarver 3 806 03-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  How to install CQCDrvPack? RichardU 2 1,950 08-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Last Post: RichardU
  Problem with Repository when Doing Customized Install kblagron 7 1,859 05-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Help with Driver Install IV13 11 1,613 03-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  New install - Need help, Aprilaire 8870 driver not working SpeedDemon 2 1,245 01-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Windows 7 64 bit new install fails scott 11 2,016 01-10-2011, 02:59 AM
Last Post: scott
  tried to install, message says frijoli 4 1,124 12-17-2010, 03:59 AM
Last Post: frijoli