Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CQC weather
I'm having a bit of an issue getting the weather template to work.
I did a upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1. the weather was working on 5.0. I did verify the pws for Colorado springs and it did pull the .json currently using my id. I am running cqc on windows server 2016.
I also treid installing cqc trial on another windows 10 laptop just to see if the issue was server related. but the weather template wouldn't work on the laptop either. I am using auto-gen templets on both machines. I was thinking maybe the firewall was blocking cqc so I allowed it to see the outside.  any ideas what would be going on here.

thank you
zane
Is the weather driver showing up online? If you open the driver monitor tab for it, are the fields all looking happy?

If not, then flush the logs (File -> Tools -> Flush Logs), put the weather driver into high verbosity (top of the driver monitor tab) for a minute or so, turn verbosity back off, and get a log dump for me.

1. Open CQC Command Prompt from the start menu
2. CIDLogAdmin > Log.Txt
3. Post the output of that Log.Txt file
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(10-02-2017, 08:35 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Dean,

Ok ill send the info in the morning. I'm currently at work. Thank you for the prompt reply.

zane

Is the weather driver showing up online? If you open the driver monitor tab for it, are the fields all looking happy?

If not, then flush the logs (File -> Tools -> Flush Logs), put the weather driver into high verbosity (top of the driver monitor tab) for a minute or so, turn verbosity back off, and get a log dump for me.

2. CIDLogAdmin > Log.Txt
(10-02-2017, 08:35 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Is the weather driver showing up online? If you open the driver monitor tab for it, are the fields all looking happy?

2. CIDLogAdmin > Log.Txt

Dean,

not sure if I did the dump right.  I have copied it to word and attached it here.  I'm using pws: for Colorado springs.

Attached Files
.docx   CQC Weather error dump.docx (Size: 13.92 KB / Downloads: 0)
Dean,

I just had a thought. I was copy and pasting the info I needed from weather underground.  I decided to try and just type the info in and it worked.  sorry to waste your time with this.  now I will try and figure out how to get zira to work.  I did read your doc pag regarding it. I got speech platform 11 (86) and a SR and TTT installed.  if I'm understanding right. I need to assign what I'm wanting to ask within the mode tab on auto-gen?  I did enable it for the room.

thank you
zane
You need to fill in the auto-gen stuff with all the appropriate information. It will use the lights, security, HVAC and so forth that has been defined there. In the room, there's a Voice tab. In there you have to indicate what machine is running CQC Voice for that room, provide the keyword, and some options. That will tell that particular CQC Voice what room he is in.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weather royalj7 2 715 09-13-2015, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Custom Weather Icons ControlFreak 6 1,913 04-05-2014, 03:55 PM
  How TO: Australia based weather radar jdmevo123 0 2,546 12-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Last Post: jdmevo123
  How setup Weather Radar phenix 2 969 03-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Last Post: phenix
  Weather UG driver IslandMan 14 2,040 04-07-2012, 06:26 PM
  Weather Underground Subscription ControlFreak 3 858 03-29-2012, 06:35 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  Data from Personal Weather Stations George M 6 974 04-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Sendero
  Weather.com question datadawg 2 673 09-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Last Post: datadawg
  setting the day on a weather page potts.mike 2 736 10-22-2008, 08:18 AM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Weather driver all the sudden not working Sendero 2 1,115 05-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Sendero