Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next V2 driver problem
In the past week I've noticed the Nest driver dropping offline, with what appeared to be convention problems.  I think the problem coincided with me upgrading from 4.8.  Nest cloud driver is v1.5

Initially it looked like the problem was connecting to the Nest cloud, as requests were being rejected.  Digging deeper revealed that the rejections were due to the CQC connection being locked out, due to too many requests being sent.

Nest Error. Op=Query All Info, Code=429, Msg=blocked

Beyond that I was struggling to see why this might be, not least of all because my logs were being flooded with this message because every reconnect attempt was generating the same message (so every few seconds).

After more troubleshooting, I manged to trap the errors shortly after an initial fail, and discovered that the originating cause is due to the following message :

Device setup failed. Error=Value 'Eco' exceeds the limits for field Thermo_Entrway_Mode

This eventually leads to CQC being blocked, presumably due to too many re-attempts that exceed the Nest timed query limit.

I don't ever remember seeing this with 4.8, and guess that maybe the Nest driver was also updated when I moved to 5.1?
What version are you on? The driver was updated, but it, was to add support for the eco mode stuff that the nest added. So if you haven't bot that updated driver, that may be it. If you already have the updated driver, maybe there's so far unseen issue with it.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I'm currently on v5.1.904
Is this a heat-only or cool-only thermostat, i.e. just one set point, not two?
Dean Roddey
Yes, it's a heat only configuration.
OK. I didn't think that they had Eco mode, since I thought that was an automatically 'keep it in this range' type thing. So I didn't add that to the limits for those.  Try the attached driver pack. So import and then do a reconfigure on the driver to pick up the changes.

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   Nest_HeatOnlyWithEco.CQCDrvPack (Size: 26.66 KB / Downloads: 1)
Dean Roddey
Should that have increased the version number of the Nest driver, as it's still showing v1.5 and still fails. I've imported, and tried reconfiguring, restarting the service and rebooting the PC. 

Also, the Manifest didn't have a path - see attached. Is that correct?

Eco is just a temperature that is configured to use when in Away mode, rather than the scheduled temp, to save heating an empty house unnecessarily.  it can also be selected manually.

Attached Files
.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 40.71 KB / Downloads: 2)
I didn't bump the version for this quick test. Let me try it against the Nest simulator. I think I had issues with the simulator working right in heat/cool only mode and so I may not have been able to test it as well as the standard scheme. I'll try it again.

The manifests don't have a path, because where they go is implied and it's always to the same place. The CML files do because they go to specific places based on their class path.
Dean Roddey
My bad. I added it to the wrong limit string. Try this guy.

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   Nest_HeatOnlyWithEco_2.CQCDrvPack (Size: 26.76 KB / Downloads: 1)
Dean Roddey
That fixes it. Thanks Dean.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  music & movie driver experiences and or suggestions zane 1 160 Yesterday, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Really simple CML driver questions znelbok 327 39,132 10-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Kramer Protocol 2000 driver and VS-1616v Help Please! NightLight 6 256 09-12-2017, 05:08 PM
  RCS Thermostat Driver help sic0048 10 604 08-19-2017, 08:01 AM
  Harmony Hub driver tom 43 4,460 08-17-2017, 09:00 AM
  ISY Driver not able to change value on a specific switch Sendero 9 733 07-18-2017, 09:54 AM
  If you got a notification from Nest about the CQC driver Dean Roddey 1 337 07-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Variable Driver Trigger Error zra 4 502 07-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Last Post: zra
  Marantz V2 Driver Feature Request zra 21 1,204 07-06-2017, 10:02 AM
  Problem with Action Parameters pjgregory 8 627 06-29-2017, 03:45 PM